Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing by compensation

Options
  • 05-02-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

does anyone know what the story with this is?

my dilemma is i got 36 in one subject and got 2 68% results as my highest.

i think i remeber hearing you can compensate with anything above 65% but am unsure. can i combine the two together to get 6 and pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah i thinks it around the 60% mark.... u will be automatically passed by compensation on one subject you scored over 35% on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

afaik it's not a case of scoring 60%. you have to score twice as much as the score you want to compensate, and the subject you failed can't be one of the core subjects in the course. though this may vary between courses...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Also, you dont pass for a single exam, but for the cumulative results for a subject over the year.

so if you fail this exam and get 36, and get the same result in the summer, then you might get compensated, provided you have enough in another subject, but if you get 36 in this one, and 34 in the summer, no dice.

Advertisement