Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Pavillion 6021ea on/off Switch

• 05-02-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone had the on/off switch fail, on mine it progressivly got worse, until it fail totally, I took it back to the shop the Sound store in Cork and they booked it in, I was expecting about a week to fix it, but it is now 15 days gone, I have phoned up twice the only thing I could find out is that it is gone to Wales, and they cant tell me when it will be back, it is only 3 months old and it looks like they will have it for 1 month, is this fair I have no experience of HP or Sound store for waranty work
    Comments would be appreciated
    Dwell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Eoghan25

i have nothing but problems with my hp pavillion laptop zd7050 since i got it. My problem is the powerjack seems to be too heavy for the laptop it is a common problem found out after i done a search of the internet. I first got it fixed in the first year I got it under warranty. 8 months later it went again sent back to hp was out of warranty was charged around 300 as far as i remember to get it repaired. Went again 6 mths later. Rang hp, emailed etc i told them i want to know what the problem i have fixed twice n it keeps coming back all they would offer was a repair at my expense again. So i gave up not a hope not paying them for a repair I have a mate in electronics he had a look at it was able to fix it the pins are getting uplifted of the motherboard because of the weight of the power jack on it he was able to solder them back in but he reckons it will be back again in a few months he says the design of it a shambless. So as far as warranty from hp i wouldnt put too much hope in going on my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dwell

Well the power jack seems to be a weak point on all laptops if the jack comes straight out, its very easy to knock it, they should all be right angle jack plugs then the lead could swing easier, my main crib is the lenght of time it takes to get something done and one is without the machine, I would have assumed that the repair would have warranty if it was done by HP, The shop phoned me this evening and said HP are going to replace the machine, so will keep the fingers crossed,
    Its now seventeen days since let the machine in the shop, I am just wondering what the normal turnaround is ???

Advertisement