Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is causing the problem

• 05-02-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Recently bought a polaroid FLU 3232 from PC World. Money was tight, ok. Obviously wouldn't have been my first choice but all was going well using a PS2 to view DVD's until the guys from NTL Digital eventually got off their arses and came out.

The problem is the Digital image is coming through with blue hue's through both scart connections on the tv.
    The standard 13 cahnnels which also gets its feed from the ntl box is perfect.

I have tried 3 different scart cables in both scart connectors into the ntl and no joy.

I was originally just using component for the PS2, so I used the PS2 Scart adapter instead and the image came up perfect. I said well maybe becayse its just a component adapter maybe its not the same as a proper scart cable, so I went a got a loan of a DVD player and new scart cable. Hooked this up and it was perfect. Tried that cable on the ntl, still the same crap with the blue hue and shadows, red eyes etc.

The NTL box runs perfect on a small 20" tv we have in the apt.

So I thought I have covered off every possibility and still am none the wiser as to why I can't get the image up perfect on the big tv. Any thoughts, might it be a resolution/HD thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Sounds very strange indeed. You've tried most things possible to rule out what might be causing the problem. Just wondering if you've tried changing the scart AV signal output on the NTL box. You have two options, composite or RGB. I've only come across crt TVs getting upset with the RGB output but I would have thought most if not all LCDs would accept both outputs.

Advertisement