Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Sidewall Blackener

Options
  • 05-02-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone reccommend a good product for blackening tyre sidewalls? I've tried some of the products which you can buy in service stations but I don't find them to be very good, the tyres end up going brownish after a while.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Shine avaliable from halfrauds and other outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Turtle Wax do a tyre shine product also. Should be stocked at your local motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

What about that Decosol black bright? Anyone tried it?

edit: actually don't think it's for tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Burnt oil.Paint it on with a brush!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Another vote for the meguiars. Easy to put on, lasts ages, smells like bubblegum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Moanin wrote:
    Burnt oil.Paint it on with a brush!
    Surely that can't be safe! :eek:
    I use Turtle Wax Back to Black I think it's called. You spray it on. Only thing is that once you drive fast it goes all over the alloy wheel and makes it look filthy. Does give the tyre a nice wet look though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Id give the Autoglym stuff a thumbs up. Doesnt make the tyre go brown & doesnt splash the wheels over time. I apply with a damp cloth to give a mat black finish. I reckon it looks better than gloss black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Turtle Wax Extreme Tyre Gel. I'm not usually a big fan of Turtle Wax products, but this stuff is great.

fletch wrote:
    I use Turtle Wax Back to Black I think it's called. You spray it on. Only thing is that once you drive fast it goes all over the alloy wheel and makes it look filthy. Does give the tyre a nice wet look though

Another vote for this stuff. Its quite good.

But let it dry for a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I have tried lots of brands over the years and conclude that Meguiars wins hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

fletch wrote:

I use this product also, but spray it onto a soft brush and then paint it onto the tyre.
    Also, let the car sit for a while to prevent it spraying onto the alloy.

Advertisement