Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE 7 first update

• 06-02-2007 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does the first update for IE7 (KB929969) cause anyone any connection problems? I have been having problems with my connection recently and have done tests. My tests reveal clearly that it is this update that is causing my problems. As soon as I uninstall it the connection works perfectly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Not sure on this but I recall there was some trouble with that update but for whatever reason it's not on my system and is not present on Windows Update.

Try removing it and then re-install it instead from this link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Have you all the other Windows updates, including the optional ones? I recall there being one that fixes network connection problems that only arise after IE7 is installed - I know you're only having trouble with the new update but maybe it is related anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Oh, don't get me wrong: My connection is working perfectly now simply because I removed the update. zilog_jones, The 'Diagnose Connection Problem' program built-into IE 7.0 that you were referring to worked - even while the dodgy update was installed - but after a few minutes the connection would be lost again

Anyway, in my mind I'm pretty much finished with updating Windows XP. Microsoft usually slow-down on updating anyway once a new OS (Vista) comes out, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Kevster wrote:
    Microsoft usually slow-down on updating anyway once a new OS (Vista) comes out, right?
    I dunno, they're still doing updates for Win2k every Patch Tuesday just like XP, although there is generally less for 2k.

Advertisement