Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download Carryover?

Options
  • 06-02-2007 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

So I checked my DSL stats with Eircom for the last few days (been on a download binge) and my stats are messed up probably because they are implemented a new carryover system? Which I take it is unused bandwidth is carried over?

Total Downloads to date this month: 0Total Uploads to date this month: 0Total Time Online this month: 00:00Download Carryover: +DLCARRYOVER MBDownload Allowance: 20480 MBDownload Purchased: +DLPURCHASED MBTotal Download Allowance: 20480 MBPercent of Total Allowance used to Date: 0%
    I am confused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmmmm.. Eircom don't update their DSL stats too often. Probably every 5 - 6 days if you're lucky so you're seeing zero figures for everything because they haven't been updated since the month began.

And no, any MB's not used outta your 20GB cap will not be carried over.

Did that answer your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

maybe eircom is thinking of charing the excess charge which they always treatened for excesive downloaders. remember its in the contract "reserve the right clause" x cent per MB excess downloaded:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

gordonnet wrote:
    maybe eircom is thinking of charing the excess charge which they always treatened for excesive downloaders. remember its in the contract "reserve the right clause" x cent per MB excess downloaded:mad:

It appears so, page looks half finished:

eircomusage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

this happened last month too i believe, and then the apge went back to the original, seems like its in testing or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

I get the new stats screen aswell, but it is never updated, last month it was updated daily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

gordonnet wrote:

If they backdate it I am screwed. I download something like 35GB one month.

15GB over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Where do you check them stats?
    Did anyone else's download speed get updated? Mine is d/ling over 220 kb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I think it's time Eircom upgraded the upgrade allowance, never mind updating their software so the most expensive BB product can become more expensive. 10GB limit for the 1MB package is far too low. I downloaded Vista(Evaluation) and a few Vista apps and that was over 4GB's alone. With ppl purchasing similar software on the net 10GB's gets eaten up very quickly. It's time Eircom got real. I would upgrade to get better speeds and d/l allowance except my line is not able for the full 1MB option nevermind 2 or 3 megs.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Okay, it's just gone back down to 130kb/s

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yep, I got that one. It's back to normal now, though hasn't been updated since the weekend.

Eircom Stats: Something Different Every Time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SisterCheeba

Any updates on this? I haven't been able to log into my stats since getting dsl halfway through this month, and I'm already a few gigs over my cap. Be a bit of a kicker to get stung on my first month if they start enforcing those charges.

No, still no update since 9th February. I'd say I'm over my limit too at this point, and if they try to charge me I will Have Words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

My stats haven't been updated since the fourth of this month. I doubt I'll exceed my cap but I'd still prefer to see where I'm at.

I never experienced this until now and I've only had eircom BB since October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah mine hasn't budged since the 4th either.

Second of the month, and I have Carryover/Blocks Purchased graph again, though not so useful as to actually record any of yesterday's usage.

Nice to see they've ironed the bugs out then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I have the same problem again this month - but now my download limit has dropped from a lovely 40gb to 8gb.

And supposedly it was 8gb as well last month and I downloaded 26.

Horse ****.

My connection has definitely gotten slower lately also.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Excellent ot see that theres a discussion going on about this....
    I was lost last month, my stats jsu tstopped on the 9 of February.... and I had downloaded almost 10 gigs by then....

I just checked them again and for this month, it says I havent downloaded anything, not even spent any time online. Maybe someone should get in contact with eircom and enquire about what the hell they are doing. Because if they overcharge, there will be alot of people thaat put their feet down, we have eircom provided graphs and stats that say we haven't gone over our limits so that would be legally binding, Just ,make sure we take screen caps of it on a regular basis.......

So anyone want ot contact Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Eircom have never charged me for going over my limit, When i was talking to their reps on the phone, they said themselves that they wont charge most users for exceeding the cap, but it will depend on how many users are in your area.
    only reason i've stayed with them this long, but swapping to smart to save some money

trendkill wrote:
    Maybe someone should get in contact with eircom and enquire about what the hell they are doing.
    Nah, they're presumably up to something that isn't quite working properly yet. They'll sort it out eventually, but given their general unwillingness to charge for exceeding download limits, I wouldn't fret about this.

Besides, ComReg can't change Eircom's behaviour -- what chance have mere customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Where can i find these stats?

EDIT: Found it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

care to share :D

nevermind *doh*

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

monitoring your own upload / download can be done using for example dumeter. its also live compared to eircoms 24hr lag. Or like at the moment when there aree no stats at all

Looks like someone remembered to wind up the stats machine but not far enough: I now have complete stats for February, plus the first day of March.

And they've dropped the carry-over/purchased graph again.

It's good to know Eircom are investing my subscription in top quality reporting software.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I've lost January :D

BeerNut wrote:
    Looks like someone remembered to wind up the stats machine but not far enough: I now have complete stats for February, plus the first day of March.

Looks like I've got the same. Finally managed to get into the stats for the first time since signing up in Feb.

Apparently I also managed to download 690 megs in January despite not having the service ordered, let alone connected :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

22512_Feb07_122_458lo.jpg

At the start of feb my stats were low so i kept workin away, checked them after i saw this thread and i nearly passed out.

Just as well I installed a traffic monitor before I even started. It's shocking how quickly you can tear through 20 gigs without even thinking about it. If I didn't have this little fella bugging me in my taskbar, I dread to think what the final tally would've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Ok, I keep trying to get my stats up, but eircom claims im entering in the wrong details.. seriously starting to hate them.

First they said my area cant get broadband, then my neighbour got it.. so we asked for it..

Then we got it, but they never set up their side, but they started charging us before we even had the router.

I tried upgrading to a bigger download capacity than 10gigs, but their argument was "WELL you just ordered it now, so wait, and then you can get 20gigs if you REALLY need it, but 10gigs is more than enough for anyone".

I always get lunatics in eircom. They also wont let me access my Eircom Webspace from other ISPs its quite odd.

I wonder, if its possible to change from Eircom, my family just got it last month. The amount of calls we've had to do to get everything working is extreme. With them not setting up the account on their end, etc.

Also, before we even had broadband they accidentally gave us 2lines with teh same account number, so we were being charged double and it took like 3months to fix this, meanwhile our bill went up insanely. as one account wasnt on flatrate and was counting it as calls. o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Glazun wrote:
    ... I wonder, if its possible to change from Eircom, my family just got it last month. The amount of calls we've had to do to get everything working is extreme. With them not setting up the account on their end, etc.
    Pity you've had such a bad experience. You can't cancel right now -- AFAIK, the broadband service is a six-month contract. You might want to stick it out for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

the stats page on the eircom website was workin fine durin the month, check this mornin and it says my useage is 0% for this month.
    Just as well I installed a traffic monitor before I even started. It's shocking how quickly you can tear through 20 gigs without even thinking about it. If I didn't have this little fella bugging me in my taskbar, I dread to think what the final tally would've been.

Cheers mate, got this installed and its helping me keep a good reign on things :D

Advertisement