Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Rugby

Options
  • 06-02-2007 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if its still possible to get involved in UCD rugby (ie their worst team!). I haven't played for years but basically I haven't the self-motivation to go running during finals but if I'm on a team it motivates me enough to go training!

Alternatively, any rugby teams around the Ranelagh/Green Luas line area that could take a similarly rubbish player?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Isn't there a fledgeling UCD Women's Rugby club that a mutual friend of ours is closely involved in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Yeah you're hilarious....now go ban yourself for personal abuse!

To clarify to everyone else....I am a man, not a laydee, but a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

My brothers a UCD med student and he plays for The Mater and Trinity because its easier to get on the team. Give that a try!

And if the rugby is anything like the hockey then they'll be begging people to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

^^^Yea that's the hospital's cup but that's finished till next year. Rugby in general will be finishing up over the next month I'd say, you could get a team together and try tag-rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I went to a few training sessions with the UCD J2 and under last year, it was good fun. If I remember correctly there is a Stillorgan Rugby club that trains somewhere in Clonskeagh and they welcome all comers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I can find out for you Van. I reckon J2 would be the team for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭terry mac

Yeah, Stillorgan rugby club train on the pitches beside the church on Bird Avenue, 5 minute walk from Windy Arbour luas station. Don't know much about them, but I presume they're fairly rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Cheers Besty!

I don't know what J2 means but presumably it means rubbish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

terry mac wrote:
    Yeah, Stillorgan rugby club train on the pitches beside the church on Bird Avenue, 5 minute walk from Windy Arbour luas station. Don't know much about them, but I presume they're fairly rubbish.

I wouldnt try UCD cos Its a bit late in the year and they expect a high quality from players as they are in the first division and even the 2nd team beat thomand last week.
    I would try Lansdowne rugby club.There a lot friendlier then UCD and you could get up to a high standard pretty quickly with them. I know a lot of average/bad players that play on the fourth/fifth team in Lansdowne or just go out training with them.
    Otherwise Terry mac is right about Stillorgan rfc as there always looking for new players.

You cant play in the hospitals cup unless you have some sort of connection to the medical proffesion...ie med student or doctor.

Advertisement