Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Falling or Snow Potential within 24hrs only.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

I've lost all hope :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Felixdhc wrote:
    Do you really still think we are in with a chance?

Yes air now transfering from the GB to us. Look at the radar on metoffice.com and look at how its starting to move. Not saying it will ahppen but the heavy precip is getting closer.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Does it not look on the radar as if the heavier precip is not quite making it to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

And just as I had suspected... there she is... in all her glory... the lillte L in the Celtic Sea! http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

The front is stalling. Ironically thats what we want. The heavy precip will reach us in the next hour or so if you can bare staying up that long.

Disclaimer - I wont be held reponsible for disappointing a snow fan. May not happen. But wouldnt it be worth it if it did like the blizzard in Cardiff atm:D

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote:
    The front is stalling. Ironically thats what we want. The heavy precip will reach us in the next hour or so if you can bare staying up that long.

Disclaimer - I wont be held reponsible for disappointing a snow fan. May not happen. But wouldnt it be worth it if it did like the blizzard in Cardiff atm:D

Talk about a feckin dilemma! I was content in my decision to hit the hay once I saw Dublin Airport reporting 3c at 2am, which it is...but if I wake in the morning to read reports here of snow falling in Dublin (regardless of sticking) I will puke.

Met.ie 0200z summary: Winds are backing more easterly. Temps are dropping. Pressure and Humidity is dropping excl Finner and Clones.

Decide based on the 3am data;)

Felixdhc wrote:
    Talk about a feckin dilemma! I was content in my decision to hit the hay once I saw Dublin Airport reporting 3c at 2am, which it is...but if I wake in the morning to read reports here of snow falling in Dublin (regardless of sticking) I will puke.

I have the same dilemma Felix... Might put some coffee on!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

SDDI-20070208-0200-RGB-08-AIR-02-1237.jpg

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote:
    Decide based on the 3am data;)

Yeah sure its 2.30 now, whats another hour at this stage :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Could someone please tell me whats going on in some shape or form!im only an amateur snow fan and don't understand what a celtic low does or pressure dropping!

I have the same dilemma Felix... Might put some coffee on!! :D:D

I've already had hot chocolate, toast and a half bag of Revels :) Would normally have a couple of beers to calm the nerves but on antibiotics and told not to drink :( So plenty of sugar rushes and smokes instead

Cornilius wrote:
    Could someone please tell me whats going on in some shape or form!im only an amateur snow fan and don't understand what a celtic low does or pressure dropping!

It sends activity further east which is good as it stalls the front getting further north which is good because now the Artic air can attack;)

Felixdhc wrote:
    I've already had hot chocolate, toast and a half bag of Revels :) Would normally have a couple of beers to calm the nerves but on antibiotics and told not to drink :( So plenty of sugar rushes and smokes instead

lol! Im drinking a beer. :D I find it works best.

It would be worth going to sleep for 2 hours then waking up to see what is happening me thinks. This front has stalled. One of the following is going to happen:

1 - Pulse from the east bursting from Dundalk down to Gorey and inwards towards the midlands delivering much more precip and more than likely of snow...

2 - This front will just fizzle out in siteu, areas N of the N6/N4 will have severe ice by dawn

3 - This front along with a burst from the east will begin to retreat southwards again with arctic air and snow flurries from the east.

All should be known by 5am.

Whats your location Darkman.. Any activity?? :rolleyes:

Danno wrote:
    It would be worth going to sleep for 2 hours then waking up to see what is happening me thinks. This front has stalled. One of the following is going to happen:

1 - Pulse from the east bursting from Dundalk down to Gorey and inwards towards the midlands delivering much more precip and more than likely of snow...

2 - This front will just fizzle out in siteu, areas N of the N6/N4 will have severe ice by dawn

3 - This front along with a burst from the east will begin to retreat southwards again with arctic air and snow flurries from the east.

If its multiple choice I'll take 1 & 3, but preferably by 4m if possible :D

Edit - picked 2 1st, want 3

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Thanks a million darkman so its worth staying up for anyway!

Well,on this 24hr menu you'll just have to take what your'e given - whether it's undercooked or burnt buddy!!! :D:D:D

Temps fluctuating between 1.1c and 1.2c. Very light wet snow. Pavements look less wet.

• Advertisement

Danno wrote:

Should we wake up Weathercheck?? :D

The GFS 00z will be out shortly, will that offer any further insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Temp dropping here and looks like it's gonna snow :D

TBH If you want to go to bed or are tired you better go to bed because its a big risk expecting snow tonight unless inland. The radar images would suggest an unforseen synoptic change which is bound to have effects tomorrow. Nudge;)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

big time snow here in galway atm

darkman2 wrote:
    The radar images would suggest an unforseen synoptic change which is bound to have effects tomorrow. Nudge;)

Very cryptic altogether :D Would this relate to Saturday by any chance. Nudge, Nudge, wink, wink...say no more ;)

scart wrote:
    big time snow here in galway atm

I'm not jealous :)

Felixdhc wrote:

I am!!!:D

Felixdhc wrote:

Really? C'mon you must be jealous just a wee bit eh?;)

• Advertisement

Danno wrote:
    Well,on this 24hr menu you'll just have to take what your'e given - whether it's undercooked or burnt buddy!!! :D:D:D

Temps fluctuating between 1.1c and 1.2c. Very light wet snow. Pavements look less wet.

Ah serve it up any oul way, not fussy :D

Has none of the snow settled there? I mean, we were talking "significant accumulations" :D Feckin met...I'm driving up to those mo-fos in the morning to give them a piece of my mind.

Advertisement