Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Falling or Snow Potential within 24hrs only.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It is snowing here again now

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It is obviously just theoretically impossible for it to snow here..

So now im off for english paper 2 followed by maths paper 1

should b one of the worst days of my life..

catch ya all on the flip side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote:
    Artictree hope you have camera at the ready!!

I'm waiting for it to get bright to venture out and take some snaps.

its still snowing and a decent 3-4 inches of snow lying outside and caking the trees etc here, lovely :)
    Also not a chance of me driving into work in conditions like this..roads just impassable ...score!!

Ha - yes, about 3 inches here. Will take some snaps in a while.

Time to fire up the stove and make a cuppa.

See, what did I tell you in November? Different climate here!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Galway at 8:00
    Higher elevation (Ballybrit) sleet, rain mixed with snow falling, 1-2 cm of slushy snow on ground. Everything is white yet, quite beautiful :) Connemara must be amazing now!

Salthill: no snow or slush, pure old rain pouring down like mad (I live there, of course.... crap)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Looking out the window now in the brightening day and there is very poor visibility further out west, looks like a heavy enough shower out beyond Slane/Collon direction. Nothing here now except the odd flake of snow. Mabye I can't see the rain yet?:confused:

NI can still get some snow as the day goes on I think. Is there any further hope of snow for anywhere in the republic?

Why did the precipitation only die out over Ireland? The colours are almost as strong as ever over central England. I would have expected the whole front to die out at the same time if it was losing strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nothing in Tullow, but high groun to my East is very white, so close and yet so far, we might get one more chance before this month ends :D

Still snowing fairly heavily here.

I put a couple of pics in the Pics thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Haha ur kidding me first few specs of sleet here!

And im off to english for the next 4 hours!

At least its cold enough for some wintry precip here :)

Good luck with the exam WC (very early for mocks nowadays)

We're getting buried in snow here now !

Snow is accumulating on the main road.

Heavy snow here.

Check the webcam:

http://www.arctictree.com/weather

Wonder how long it will last??!

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Good stuff artictree,how much fell.

Snowbie wrote:
    Good stuff artictree,how much fell.

Tabletop in the patio is reading about 2.5 inches (7cm). Other parts of the field out the back are measuring more but it seems to be drifting.

Its still snowing so I'll report again in about an hour or when it stops.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts (East)

No snow! Been raining since 20:00 last night. :(

It is trying though. I'm watching the odd flake fall as I type this, but it's so wet there's no chance that anything will settle. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote:
    Tabletop in the patio is reading about 2.5 inches (7cm). Other parts of the field out the back are measuring more but it seems to be drifting.

Its still snowing so I'll report again in about an hour or when it stops.

A

Looking at the radar I don't think its going to let up here for most of the day, may be a few lighter intervals but for the most part continuous, happy days.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Sleet turning increasingly more snow like here now, but its a light shower, you'd want something heavier for any chance of proper snow I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

light sleet here in Coolock Area.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

:mad: So sad here, nothing but rain on the sea front in Bray, The kids were so disappointed this morning.

Will have to take the jeep up to higher ground to check out any of the white stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

silverski wrote:
    The kids were so disappointed this morning.

There was a few adults dissapointed and all this morning :D. More snow than sleet here now, no chance of it staying, but at least I can look at it.

So who what went wrong guys? Who wants to give a synopsis of last nights events. Why did the 'snow event' turn out to be, for the most part a 'rain event', bar of course ye lucky few who got something, or the usual 'mysterious' parts of Ireland that they will show on the news that got plastered in snow :p

The sleet here is getting heavy if it keeps up it might turn to Snow..

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

still snowing here in Sandyford, roads slushy, grass pearly white..

• Advertisement

Sleet getting heavier now here hopefully it will turn to snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So, Eagleton's late night radio forecast was wrong. The front must have stalled or moved slower than they thought because there was wet snow here all night and it's still snowing heavily right now. Unfortunately, only very little of it has stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Surprised to find some snow in Galway city this morning.
    It was raining for most of the night so when it did start it must of been pretty heavy to stick on the wet ground.
    Raining on top of it now, but still enough around to have a slushball fight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lashing snow here now, very very picturesque outside.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Snowing here in the midlands. Started sleeting last night and very early this morning im sure it was not snowing. When i got up at 6 ish it just seemed to be starting, nothing on the ground and got heavier.. been constant since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Heavyish snow here in Tallaght.

how long is it snowing in tallaght bababing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Finally got a bit of sleet.

Temp 2.2C DP 1.2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

chris2007 wrote:
    how long is it snowing in tallaght bababing?

About an hour now.It was sleety rain earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just got a lot heavier here in the last few mins... huge snowflakes. Cats have never seen snow before and are trying to watch every snow flake as they fall and even bat at the window :D

Advertisement