Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Falling or Snow Potential within 24hrs only.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

alrite i hope its on its way here, at the moment where getting light sleet in coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

After sleeting all night it has been snowing here near dunshaughlin in meath for last hour and a half, the ground was wet so it's really only now beginning to stick to grass. That was the biggest let down last night though when i was listening to john eagleton on the radio completely backtrack and say it would rain:mad: He didn't even apologise for ramping it up so much earlier too.

Where are you living sharuman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭squonk

Heavy sleet here in Skerries right now. Hopefuly we'll see a bit of snow for show after a while.

Light snow here now getting heavier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

3 inches now in Roundwood. Still snowing heavily.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭squonk

Seems to have started to turn back to rain here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Drove up Howth Hill earlier and the difference between the bottom and near the top was astounding. At Sutton, it was raining. However as I passed Sutton Cemetery which is just at the start of the climb, I could see snow falling just ahead. I was less than 100 foot up and the rain and turned to mainly snow. At about 400 foot around the narrow little roads where the big houses are, the snow was sticking to cars and rooves and also was sticking slightly to the tarmac of the road.....enough to cause my ABS to kick in when braking at a normal rate and enough to activate the traction control when starting off again. Snow up here at just a few hundred feet was proper big flakes and heavy and as I drove back down to Howth village (I was doing an anti-clockwise circle of Howth Hill), it was snowing down to the last left bend before the village, then sleet as far as the big church and then rain onwards, which is probably only another 50 foot drop. I've never seen such dramatic changes in weather with such small changes in height. It goes to show how borderline this event has been. Did you go to Howth, Snowbie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GregusManus

Snowing lightly in Maynooth since about 10:30am, not much sticking... although the flakes appear to be getting bigger, so that might help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Snowing lightly here but ground is too wet for it to stick.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

snowing reasonably heavily now in parkwest, but small flakes and not sticking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Sleet her with a few flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Still snowing in Tallaght not really sticking tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Now has just pepped up in Clonshaugh Ind Est in Coolock. Doubt it'll stick. In fact, I would almost bet my life on it!!!! I see from the traffic cameras, the M50 around Tallaght and more especially Edmonstown is looking rather white - so not fair :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

3.5 inches (9cm) here now. Snowing heavily but starting to brighten up....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Still snowing here but is definately brightening up and from the radar looks like it may taper off pretty soon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It look like the clouds are lifting here. We had about 12 hours of snow. I expect it will be a long time before i experience snow falling for this long again. Too bad it did not stick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rained here all night and turned to snow about an hour ago but its fairly light and isnt really sticking.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

flakes are really big now in D12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

South Mayo

At 3 am there was no sign of snow, just rainy sleet but by 7.30am there was a lovely blanket of snow, a good inch or more I'd say and more falling. It's back to horrible sleet now though and everything is turning to mush! awww:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Lovely big flakes now falling here near dunshaughlin meath, sticking to grass etc.
    Snowing for last few hours but wasn't really sticking till now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tryin to stick alright but the grass is still mostly green, if we had a dry night we cud have goten an inch or 2 out of this, looking at the rader the front is already starting to move over the Irish Sea so I dont think theres much time left for the snow to fall.

Altho theres a big blob of cloud/rain over Clare/Galway, if that moves here later it might give us more snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Still snowing lightly here in Maynooth, sticking to cars and grass.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Heavy snow here in Clonee at the moment, starting to stick to grass, but roads/paths very wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just finished exam.. sleet here with a few flakes:rolleyes:

finally snowing heavy here now but it still has its work cut out trying to stick to the ground, I can see a tracing paper white effect thru the grass now, it wud need to snow for a few hours for this to have any impact and cover the ground properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Bit of snow here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Actually, i was wrong it is still snowing here and it has gotten heavier again. surely, it can't last much longer? not that i'm complaining! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gona get real cold tonight.. temps could go to -8c in the northeast .. gona be icy :)

• Advertisement

snow is falling extremely heavy now:)
    flakes are around an inch or 2 inchs in size and its starting to settle... this is more like it.. if only we had this from the start and a couple of hours of it we wud be laughin.

Advertisement