Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Falling or Snow Potential within 24hrs only.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

temp has now stalled at 4.2c atm dp -2.7c.
    Still not optimistic.If we dont get 1.5c or lower in air temp we could always drive inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowbie wrote:
    temp has now stalled at 4.2c atm dp -2.7c.
    Still not optimistic.If we dont get 1.5c or lower in air temp we could always drive inland.

Its 2pm! The time of the day where the maximum temps are recorded!! Will fall back after dusk.. remember the snow won't be here till midnight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Snowbie wrote:
    If we dont get 1.5c or lower in air temp we could always drive inland.

Oh yeah, ye'll come inland when it suits ye......darn coasties stealing all our snow :D:D;)

Its actually 12noon is the hottest/warmest part of the day,you know when the sun is in the highest point of the sky.I wonder if blessington be a good spot.

LOL dewpoint -3.8c for a minute.

The duff band will fizzle out in the coming hours.. energy will be pumped back into the snowband.. which is arriving in the form of rain in the southwest approaches.. will make steady progress northeastwards this afternoon and evening arriving in Dublin around 1201am:)

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, ye'll come inland when it suits ye......darn coasties stealing all our snow :D:D;)

Christ where is Carlow on the map:D nah cant go there your in rain territory,more North i say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Someone in AH says there are 'half assed' flakes falling in Galway. Sleet? Can someone back this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Would I be right in thinking that i would be far enough in off the coast and north to get snow?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Is meath a good location for it? im about 18 miles inland

Met.ie - sleet in Shannon.

• Advertisement

Dublin Airport down from 5C to 3C in last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

darkman2 wrote:
    Someone in AH says there are 'half assed' flakes falling in Galway. Sleet? Can someone back this up?

I can there are a few dust like bits of sleet blowing past the window but it's very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

yep. Half assed being a good description. My dandruff is thicker. Galway would have been one of the last places I'd expect snow

LOL! DP in Irish sea now down to................................... -4.6C:D

-5 being game set and match;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp falling now after peaking at 5.8C now down to 4.2C and falling.
    Dewpoint is -2.5C and is moderating alot but hasn't got over -2C all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

darkman2 wrote:

Where do you get that information:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

It looks like Clones is on its way for an ice day at -2 at 2pm!If shannon is sleet surely thats a good sign especially when the cold air hasn't even fully arrived yet and its only 2pm!

trogdor wrote:

M2 buoy on Met.ie is situated just East of Dublin;)

darkman2 wrote:

Air temp rose to 4.2c dp fluctuating between -3 and -4c.Wind hasnt really got going here yet. 8-12mph at best.

trogdor wrote:

Met ie buoy reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gonzo wrote:
    Is meath a good location for it? im about 18 miles inland

yes i think you'll see some snow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Snowbie wrote:
    Christ where is Carlow on the map:D nah cant go there your in rain territory,more North i say.

Carlow is the place well known for its sugar facto........ehh....ex sugar factory and brilliant footballers:p , besides after tomorrow you'll hear lots about it, as the 'county with the most snow' :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/cloudrain.shtml#no_url

press play. Seems to suggest snow from midnight in dublin untill 3/4am. Accurate??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/cloudrain.shtml#no_url

press play. Seems to suggest snow from midnight in dublin untill 3/4am. Accurate??

Wouldnt pay too much attention to the graphics now..

Its beyond modelling at this stage.. time to check ur temp/dew and watch the precip come

I think it will arrive Dub at midnight and stay until around 9am and the clear..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Snow at Urlingford, N Kilkenny at 3.15pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If we do see a fall of snow in Carlow and Dublin, how long do you expect it to stay WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

They are talking about Gale Force Easterly winds and heavy snow.. Could that mean blizzard conditions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

I confirm: snow and sleet falling in Galway, quite weak but clearly visible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Danno wrote:
    Snow at Urlingford, N Kilkenny at 3.15pm.

That's close, is it a shower or is it the main event already?

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:
    If we do see a fall of snow in Carlow and Dublin, how long do you expect it to stay WC?

Well it will stop snowing around say 12 tomorrow.. temps will then rise to 3/4c in Dublin so a slow thaw but then a sharp frost tomorrow night with temps down to -4c ;)

Advertisement