Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Falling or Snow Potential within 24hrs only.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Longfield wrote:
    Hey artictree whats it like there ?

Temp has dropped to 0.4°C and everywhere outside is now white with snow continuing to fall.

To put it mildly I'm happy, my neighbours must think oi'm nuts running outside with my million candlepower torch and shinging it around to check the weather !!

I reckon I'm not going into work tomorrow at this rate!!

Best snow i've seen since the 90's :D:D:D

Not fair, I propose a happy thread and a depressed thread for the remainder of the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Felixdhc wrote:
    Not fair, I propose a happy thread and a depressed thread for the remainder of the night :D

I dunno, I just checked artictree's site and the dewpoint is too close to getting above zero for my liking..could still go títs up here.

Positive i'm taking is that temps are still falling slowly so hopefully the rain wont arrive any take my precious snow away.

Temps are still falling for the guys with rain so would not loose hope just yet, this wasnt supposed to be snow normal elevations till later tonight and while temps are falling thats still game on.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

No rain even yet here and the wind is pretty strong, wish I had invested in a weather station so I would know whats going on out there temp wise, I just keep checking the weather reports from Dublin airport which has been 3c for the last couple of hours...I assume in Lusk I can add a couple to that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote:
    Hey artictree whats it like there ?

Temp has dropped to 0.4°C and everywhere outside is now white with snow continuing to fall.

To put it mildly I'm happy, my neighbours must think oi'm nuts running outside with my million candlepower torch and shinging it around to check the weather !!

I reckon I'm not going into work tomorrow at this rate!!

Best snow i've seen since the 90's :D:D:D

Seems to be settling on some surfaces but not on others. You are a few more miles inland than me so that probably helps. I am about 3 miles east of Roundwood. Seems to be easing off a bit aswell.

Just had a look at the radar:

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

There seems to be a small break before the main blob hits us later.

In/Our thermo hanging out the kitchen is at 1.4 which is good news. May it continue to fall!! I'll get some pics later...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Wind has picked up but still wet drizzle, next 2 to 3 hours will reveal all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp down to 4.0C now.
    dp of 0.3C, back to study now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lashing rain and high winds down here in tropical Waterford.

Im going into the bottled water business. It rains 12 months of the year here.. gotta make something of it..

I certainly wont be making snowballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Has any chance we had for a snow event in the East all but diminshed??

I need some reassurance... Quick!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Nothing in Blessington yet, temp +1.7

Has any chance we had for a snow event in the East all but diminshed??

I need some reassurance... Quick!!! :D

In my opinion it has, I plan to watch TV now for the evening anyway and not the radars :) (might take a peek around 12 just in case :D )

• Advertisement

This link may be of help to people later tonight and early tomorrow http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/traffic_cameras/

Its shows live camera shots of major roads around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭squonk

Looking good in Skerries at the moment. The wind has been up all evening and I've just started to see some very light snow in the past few minutes. Nothing really dropping though, seems to be carried along in the wind. It could be sleet but doesn't look like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Thanks Felix.. We can only live in hope I suppose! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

.2 rise in temp to 2.5C, seems to have gotten a little windier, so maybe thats the reason, DAMN cold out!! Yet still it rains :(, if we do get snow it'd want to be pretty heavy to stick now, the ground is well soaked.

Edit: I see the M2 buoy dew point has dropped back to -2.4C from -1.9C earlier, that cant be bad eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Really raining now.

Damn cold.

No chance of snow though I reckon, just seems to be rainy.

I blame the clouds going in opposite directions meself.

squonk wrote:
    Looking good in Skerries at the moment. The wind has been up all evening and I've just started to see some very light snow in the past few minutes. Nothing really dropping though, seems to be carried along in the wind. It could be sleet but doesn't look like it.

I'm just up the road in Lusk and still clear here :confused: I think there is a snow shield here though, two years ago lots were posting snow reports and I was looking out the window at rain (with a tear in my eye :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A tiny few specs of precip on the car..

Although the main band wont arrive for at least 2 more hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

No chance of lying snow here now although the risk was never that high:rolleyes:. Temp managed to drop to 3.9C:eek: :eek: but is now rising again and everthing's soaked:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Given the current situation Weathercheck, ie the temps at the moment, rain/snow reports, are things going as planned? Or what can we expect in the coming hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Little bit of rain in Dublin 24 a few minutes ago, dry at present.

• Advertisement

Its a good sign that the precip hasnt reached Dublin yet imho - longer its stalled south the more chance of it being snow as it pushes north.

Its coming down nicely now and settling here but afraid to post pics so won't.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Wind is picking up more sleet now but everywhere is very wet, its going to take a lot for me to any kind of accumulations now!

Longfield wrote:
    Its a good sign that the precip hasnt reached Dublin yet imho - longer its stalled south the more chance of it being snow as it pushes north.

Its coming down nicely now and settling here but afraid to post pics so won't.

Ah go on we'd love to seem them! :)

Light Rain / Drizzle here now.. ohhh the disappointment:rolleyes:

Why are people so deprerssed, in most places temps are falling, reports close to you a little higer up are telling of snow..and temps are dropping..it can only lead to one thing......

Admittedly i was thing the same when Tristrame told me it was snowing close to him and not to panic..and its snowed here

WC and many others said this would be snow at around midnight..its only nine now..and temps are dropping..keep the faith..

Interesting though on the news just now they are still showing gritters out around Dublin and the reporter commented on the fact of rain clearing through shortly before the band of snow comes in about 2 hours...this was a live report, not one made earlier

***straw clutching***

Felixdhc wrote:
    Interesting though on the news just now they are still showing gritters out around Dublin and the reporter commented on the fact of rain clearing through shortly before the band of snow comes in about 2 hours...this was a live report, not one made earlier

***straw clutching***

Well at least it is a straw to clutch.. and probably directed from the met.

But its unlikely there will be "significant" snow now.:)

Temp now 0.2°C and its snowing (and settling - sound of everything changed to that lovely snow muffling..) nicely.

WC, polish that snowdepth ruler, you might still need it by morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dublin Airport reporting temp 3C DP -1C light snow showers at 2100.

• Advertisement

Mobhi1 wrote:
    Dublin Airport reporting temp 3C DP -1C light snow showers at 2100.

Where did you get that info? More straws :)

Advertisement