Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

toyota corolla car value?

Options
  • 06-02-2007 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi there
    i have a car to sell, corolla 2004 Terra silver 3dr , 10,800 miles full service history, still like new inside....one lady owner from new.

whats it worth in a private sale?

i have seen these on carzone for over 15k,,,,,

i was thinking it was worth 15,000 cash sale?

what ya think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon you'll get €14,000 for it, providing it's serviced and hasn't any body damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

its a pity its a 3dr, as my sis in law is looking for a circa '04 Hatch 5dr at the moment. She has been told that a few should start coming in now with the new Auris released.

Colm, anything like that with you at the moment?

She has a 96 1.3 Starlet (1 owner from new) 78k miles for trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭essdee

According to this website from Revenue.ie it's worth around 12,100.

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

essdee wrote:
    According to this website from Revenue.ie it's worth around 12,100.

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator
    I wouldn't go by that website for a proper valuation of the car so I've learned recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

what_car wrote:
    hi there
    i have a car to sell, corolla 2004 Terra silver 3dr , 10,800 miles full service history, still like new inside....one lady owner from new.

whats it worth in a private sale?

i have seen these on carzone for over 15k,,,,,

i was thinking it was worth 15,000 cash sale?

what ya think?

Carzone, cbg, etc prices are usually dealer "asking" prices which include warranties, servicing and other overheads. A private sale will be worth less as you don't offer these.

I would begin by advertising it for €14,200 and see how much interest you get. If you are in no hurry and are prepared to wait you should get close to €14,000 as Colm suggested. Should be easy enough to sell considereing the low mileage, full service history and the fact that the Corolla is a well sought after car here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lex Luthor wrote:
    my sis in law is looking for a circa '04 Hatch 5dr at the moment. She has been told that a few should start coming in now with the new Auris released.

Colm, anything like that with you at the moment?

I wish I had loads of them!

Advertisement