Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How Much For A Volvo Service

Options
  • 06-02-2007 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

How much do people think a service from a Volvo dealers would be for a 1.9td s40? I rang and they said 200-250... dear or ok?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 yodellingbren

Hi there, I don't own a Volvo, but I know a couple of people who do. I had asked them about service costs just two months ago (got a new car myself), and the 200 range was what they had said also. So I guess once it doesn't go too close to 250 (depending on whether parts, etc. are required), the 200 mark is prob about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Thanks for that, have my nct the day after the service so just want the car right.. I probably won;t go back to the Volvo dealer after that as i drive almost a 1000 miles per week, my mate can do it a lot cheaper.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what are you getting for your €250?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Volvo dealers are known to be expensive for servicing. I would ring another dealer just to compare, also find out what is included in that service.

all the Volvo dealers i can access are quoting in or around that. just a normal service at that. oil change. air filter, fuel filter , pollen filter etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

How much do people think a service from a Volvo dealers would be for a 1.9td s40? I rang and they said 200-250... dear or ok?

hi €270 for a 20,000 km first service on a 2.0D s40.. v expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

my mate has a 2.0D S40 and he was giving out about the service cost. To be honest I don't think you are going to get any favours when you go to main dealers for servicing. You pay thro the nose for labour costs.
    Whether its worth it in the long term when selling, is debatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sinbadfury

I think 250-270 euro for a scheduled service is reasonable for premium cars
    Mine is usually about 325 mark for a similarly sized 1.9TDi A4.

As a segway, sorry, how do ye find the 2.0D S40...I am seriously thinking of changing to one in the near future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Mortmain

Just Got Our First Service On A 2.0 S40 - 240 Yo Yos. I Is Expensive But You Have To Kep The Warrany Intact. I Know That Under New Eu Regs You Can Go To An Approved Mechanic As Opposed To A Main Dealer But In Reality Such People Are Hard To Find At The Moment.

As Regards The Car Itself - I Think Its The Dogs. Everything Comes As Standard, The Seats Are The Most Comfortable I've Ever Sat In, The Stereo Is Op Class And The Power V Uel Economy Is Top Class. The Cabin Is A Relly Nice Place To Be In And As A Driver Who Clocks Up 1000 Klms Per Week, I Would Have No Probs Recommending One. A Good Mate Of Mine Recently Switched To One From A 130bhp A4 And Said He'd Never Go Back.he Just Felt Audi Were Shafting Him For Extras Whereas Volvo Give It All Standard. (p.s. He Said The Seats And The Power Delivery O Te Volvo Were Second O None) - Anyhooo, That's My Two Cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 danny555

I just bought a 03 S40 1.9diesel my self today, It has 104000 miles on the clock, I payed 10grand for it which I am happy enough with because it just passed the nct last week and I got 6months warranty with it. But the question I have is how often should the timing belt be changed? It was changed at 75000 the garage I bought it if told me I wont need to change it until 150000. It seams like a lot to me . Does any 1 on this site know when it should be changed again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

75 to 150 is a long ways, but u got warranty, so what the prob

Good luck with the volvo, theyre a great car. I was told 125,000 is the next time to change my belt.. so up to you..

it cost 285 today and that was with a diagnostic check as airbag light is on they couldnt fix that though..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mortmain wrote:
    Just Got Our First Service On A 2.0 S40 - 240 Yo Yos. I Is Expensive But You Have To Kep The Warrany Intact. I Know That Under New Eu Regs You Can Go To An Approved Mechanic As Opposed To A Main Dealer But In Reality Such People Are Hard To Find At The Moment.

As Regards The Car Itself - I Think Its The Dogs. Everything Comes As Standard, The Seats Are The Most Comfortable I've Ever Sat In, The Stereo Is Op Class And The Power V Uel Economy Is Top Class. The Cabin Is A Relly Nice Place To Be In And As A Driver Who Clocks Up 1000 Klms Per Week, I Would Have No Probs Recommending One. A Good Mate Of Mine Recently Switched To One From A 130bhp A4 And Said He'd Never Go Back.he Just Felt Audi Were Shafting Him For Extras Whereas Volvo Give It All Standard. (p.s. He Said The Seats And The Power Delivery O Te Volvo Were Second O None) - Anyhooo, That's My Two Cents.

Too many capitals!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

volvo services with main dealers are so damn expensive. paid €220 for the "standard" service not including €70 for wiper blades..! he should have been wearing a stripey jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I have an 03 s40 1.8 petrol and I found the service costs very expensive. I also needed the VVT hub repaired and was told that it would cost €400 approx, couldn't give me a definite price until they put the car up blah blah. I needed the service done before Christmas and was told it was a 3 year service so it was €500! This was from the Volvo dealer I bought the car from.

I rang around and got the two jobs done for €700 from another Volvo main dealer. Good deal I must say. Just goes to show that ringing around really pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

70 lids for wiper baldes, now thats taking the probervial

yeh it is, i paid 40 for mine genuine volvo ones about 3 weeks ago, and the parts guy even put the, on without me asking him to..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

yeh it is, i paid 40 for mine genuine volvo ones about 3 weeks ago, and the parts guy even put the, on without me asking him to..

You were still robbed. I paid €23 for a set of Toyota wiper blades last week, took 5 mins to fit.

Advertisement