Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roschoill Drogheda

Options
  • 06-02-2007 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi all

do houses come up for sale that often in Roschoill? are they sought after second hand? how do the houses in roschoill compare to other estates such as wheaton hall etc... and what would a 4 bed semi be going for in roschoill?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Not too often do they come up.
    4 bed semis would be around the 450k mark give or take 20k.

http://rbdaly.n27.morsolutions.net/publish/listings/l0006.shtml - 340k!?

http://tinyurl.com/2zbvy9 - 465k

The one at 340 is good value in todays market if actually for sale but I have my doubts!

Daly was trying to sell a 1991sq ft 5 bed detached in Roschoill for 850k which is imo just a touch overpriced!

I think from what I can remember about 3-4 4 beds have been on the market in the last 12 months.

FYI - Daly was the original sales agent for the development.

It is a nice development imo and in a secluded, tranquil area yet very central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sophiemai

I know I'm a little late replying but just wanted you to know that there was a small 4 bed sold in roschoill for €420k recently and the 3 bed is still for sale as far as I know, it's still on myhome anyway. Really nice houses and the estate is great, it's really quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ExMeath

I can't believe these prices...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

ExMeath wrote:
    I can't believe these prices...

I don't think many people can to be honest. I looked at 5 bed detached houses in grange rath back in late 2005 and they were asking on average 560k. Now there are a few 5 beds in grange rath on the market and they are all high 700's with one being 850k.

I think a big jump happened immeadiately after the first €1.7m house in grange rath was put on the market. It was as if confidence soared and prices asked for all houses went up 10-20%+ over the weekend literally.

Now you have to counteract it by saying that although they are listing houses for x amount - very few have failed to sell.

Two extreme examples:

This house in Julianstown was for sale with Gunnes in 2005 maybe June/July time with an asking price of 530k - http://tinyurl.com/2ewahp it was back on the market there recently with Sherry Property with an asking price of over 850k! My view is this will not shift at that price if still being listed.

Likewise a house in Smarmore was asking 430k in 2005 through Sherry Property http://tinyurl.com/28e76v and was sticking for ages and is now back on the market with an asking price of in excess of 750k and all the current vendors have added is a separate double garage and incorporated the original integrated one into a sunroom.

Prices listed are aspirational and I do not know if vendors or estate agents are too blame. I have seen to many homes on the market for months and then slash the price by 10-15% which suggests either vendor is desperate or was originally greedy.

I do however feel there is still good deals to be had in Louth relative other parts of Ireland. As people move away from Dublin this county will see prices rise for another year or two. Mainly outside Drogheda IMO.

but... but... I know this is the luxury end of the market but even so...

when we lived in Meath, houses in Drogheda - ordinary 3 bed - were going for around 60,000- 80,000... :confused: that was in 95/6 though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

ExMeath wrote:
    but... but... I know this is the luxury end of the market but even so...

when we lived in Meath, houses in Drogheda - ordinary 3 bed - were going for around 60,000- 80,000... :confused: that was in 95/6 though

id be a bit nervous now if i paid 400k for a small 3 bed semi in deepforde!
    if things go pear shaped, these houses would be hit hardest!

what_car wrote:
    id be a bit nervous now if i paid 400k for a small 3 bed semi in deepforde!
    if things go pear shaped, these houses would be hit hardest!

see now, I don't even know where Deepforde is. Is it a new development? My foster-daughter and her husband live in Drogheda itself and can't afford to buy. Not much hope of a corporation house yet even though they have three children and are living in a tiny 2 bed flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Its relatively new. Its on the Dublin road, other side of the road from GrangeRath - first release was last Spring I think - 5 beds where 700, and three bed semi d's where going for 400k. A lot of people thought it was priced above market rates then, even for Dublin road.

They still have some 3 beds to sell I think - Their ad in front of the estate now says 'no stamp duty'.

Meanwhile, there are more houses going up in Grangerath (in the corner near the railway over-bridge).

Thanks, positron. Dublin road would be the N1 as was would it? I can't see that my foster daughter would ever be able to buy without first winning the Lotto :(

Advertisement