Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reid Furniture - Are they having a laugh?

Options
  • 06-02-2007 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

4 weeks ago I ordered a suite from Reid Furniture, Galway. I was told that because I was buying a particular suite that was on offer, that I would have it in 4 weeks because they have them in stock in Ireland.

So happy as larry I paid for it there and then. A few days later I get a call from the sales woman apologising that she made a mistake, and it will infact take the 14-16 weeks (She offered to refund me in full). I was raging, but liked the suite so said that I would make do, but that if it wasn't there in 16 weeks that i'd be getting aq full refund. I got this in writing to be safe.

So, 14 weeks delivery, no problem, I have loads of time to paint the room, put new carpet down, etc. Being the efficent person that I am, I had all this done within 2 weeks (Just completed last week)

Then, this morning, I get a call.... "Hello, this is Reid Furniture delivery, we'll be at your house in 20 minutes to deliver your suite"

1) I'm in college
    2) I'm in college 90 miles from home
    3) There's no one home

So my father has to rush out of work and let the f00kers in. What the hell is going on here? Is this even possible? Are they trying to flog me an ex-display? (Asked my father to make sure it comes packaged with cardboard on the corners and to double check for stains etc.)

I know I shouldn't be complaining, but talk about a roller-coaster ride with little notice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I can see how this worked out well for you! Maybe the sales person realised you were put out by the long delay and went out of her way to try and get it early for you. I think the only issue was that you were not informed quick enough about its arrival!

This could have beena lot worse really!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Agree with the above!! The item could have been on order for someone else who cancelled it cos of the long wait and they decided to give it to you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

So 4 weeks ago you ordered a suite with a 4 weeks delivery time and they delivered it on time.
    The rotten baxtards. Someone has to put a stop to this.

Leaving aside the mis-informed saleswoman all that's wrong is very short notice of an on-time delivery. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hagar wrote:
    So 4 weeks ago you ordered a suite with a 4 weeks delivery time and they delivered it on time.
    The rotten baxtards. Someone has to put a stop to this.

Leaving aside the mis-informed saleswoman all that's wrong is very short notice of an on-time delivery. :rolleyes:

No, first they say 4 weeks, then they say DEFINATELY 14-16 weeks, and to take my time renovating the room etc...

Then they ring me to tell me they're delivering in 20 mins.

As I said I know I shouldn't be complaining, i'm getting my furniture sooner than I thought, but what if I hadn't painted the room, put down the carpet, etc.

What if I was out of the country?

Hagar - They said they would deliver in 16 weeks, not 4. Hence they are not delivering 'on time'

Actually this should be in AH, not CI as I don't really have a problem with it - I just think it's really fricking random. A mod care to delete/move? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Plenty of threads regarding Reids on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

JohnCleary wrote:
    No, first they say 4 weeks, then they say DEFINATELY 14-16 weeks, and to take my time renovating the room etc...

Then they ring me to tell me they're delivering in 20 mins.
    Well, that must be a first for them, delivery well in advance of what they finally agreed they would do, you should buy a Lotto ticket real quick, as you are deffo one in a Million - a Reid's customer who got an early delivery.

I know many Reid's customers, I was one my self, I never heard anyone else get a delivery before they expected, it's usually pushed out, then out again, then out some more.

ISTR they gave me a few days notice, you're right to be suspicious.
    I'll never shop in Reid's again, the grief is just not worth it.

Anyway, they really have impossible long delivery times, I remember looking at a glass table, delivery in 6 months. Got the same in Caseys (Limerick) cheaper, & though not in stock in Limerick, they delivered it from Cork, even though I said I was willing to drive back down to Limerick to pickup.

Caseys are a really great company to deal with,I got no connection, just got great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just be thankful it was not Land of leather... shudder...

Sitting in the furniture right now, happy as larry! :D

.... 4 weeks after ordering! How sweet is that. I guess all my complaining to them paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Lucky you... after months overdue with land of leather i got a refund and cancelled. another month later i got a call telling me my suite was ready to be delivered?? I told them i cancelled a month ago, drove 10 mins to Mullingar, picked one out and it was delivered a few hours later :D

• Advertisement

Saruman wrote:
    Lucky you... after months overdue with land of leather i got a refund and cancelled. another month later i got a call telling me my suite was ready to be delivered?? I told them i cancelled a month ago, drove 10 mins to Mullingar, picked one out and it was delivered a few hours later :D

Should have said nothing and taken the furniture.. for free ;)

Advertisement