Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test.

Options
  • 06-02-2007 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi,

I've my driving test on March 1st and need a few tips. I can drive well enough but not perfectly so I reckon I need about 10 lessons before I have a chance of passing it. Anyone got any tips for me to follow to pass? I'm doing it in Finglas in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

how about a pretest from one of the drving compaines

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

go to get a lesson with an instructor and if they are a good outfit, they will recommend how many lessons you will require without screwing you. i was told to take 4 lessons and i "thought" i was a good driver. best money i've ever spent.

the instructor will usually only "train" you along the test route and that is the best tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

a mock test where your instructor mimics the behaviour of the tester by only speaking when nessecary and sitting diagonally in the seat looking at you, very unnerving. theres a good thread from a few weeks ago here somewhere that will be handy for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

One thing that I found out about after passing the driving test was that the instructors seem to treat the mock pretest in the same way the mock leaving cert is marked. i.e. Noticeably harder in order to knock any cockiness out of you about passing. In my pre test I got 14 X's on the score sheet, a definitive fail (despite having 1 years driving experience in the same car under my 2nd provisional), but I did the actual driving test the following day with only 1 hr driving practise in between and passed with flying colours, even though I felt that I drove just as well on the pre test. I checked with 1 or 2 other folks I know, & they had similar experiences.

Morale of the story is that prepare to be lashed out of it on the pretest no matter how good you feel you are behind the wheel. Just go for it anyway once you feel pretty solid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement