Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Server 2003 wont print

• 06-02-2007 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

our server 2003 machine refuses to print. ever since we got the program exchequer installed only the sever machine wont print. when you click print it starts loading for a long time and will say printer not responding.

it is the same with every application. every other computer on the network has no problem printing.

i checked event viewer and it said something about kernal print block policy enabled or something.

any help on this issue would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Start, run, services.msc

Check the Print Spooler service, make sure it is set to Automatic and then start.

Report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

it is on automatic. tried turning it off then back up but no joy.

any other suggestion? ill post the event log later when im back in the office

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check TCP/IP print services is also restarted

install something like generic text only printer ( manu= microsoft ) and print to file to see what happens

net stop spooler
    <in here you do some stuff in the spool32 folder - can't remember what you aren't supposed to delete >
    net start spooler

what is exchequer supposed to do when it's at home ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

you could try bypassing a lot of possible driver corruption if from a command window you try and print... say: dir >lpt1
    or something like that.. assuming its physically connected to LPT1 of course... if its a network printer then you can use a net use command to map it of course.
    I do know that i have successfully used this command when windows would not print. So i knew it was a driver corruption so deleting all printer drivers and installing again worked in those cases. By deleting i do not mean deleting the printer... i mean doing that but also in server properties deleting the drivers which are still installed.

Advertisement