Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q-Zar

Options
  • 06-02-2007 2:07pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Totally weird idea - but anyone ever think of playing Q-Zar in the arts block or the tunnels at night? I just thought of it when I was talking to someone last night about the old Dundrum Bowl which was one of the first laser gun sites in ireland.

Don't know where you'd get the stuff or how services would view the idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

That'd be great fun. I doubt services would be pleased at all, at all. I'd say you could pick up the stuff at smyths or somesuch store.

I was thinking of playing a gig in the tunnels today. Unlikely to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

thats a fantastic idea to play around campus. Count me in if it goes ahead. Im sure you can rent the real gear somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I doubt they'd let you do it at night. You could just wait till it gets dark.
    The only stuff for that I've seen for sale are the ones that shock you when you're hit, don't know if you can use lots of those together. You could just go with water pistols, not as good but no one'd be able to cheat.
    Brilliant idea btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Red Alert wrote:
    Totally weird idea - but anyone ever think of playing Q-Zar in the arts block or the tunnels at night? I just thought of it when I was talking to someone last night about the old Dundrum Bowl which was one of the first laser gun sites in ireland

Not a chance in hell that would be allowed happen for insurance and practibality reasons.

But being allowed takes half the fun out of it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I hear attaching a diffractor to your Qzar gun will make you win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It would prob spread the beam out so that even a blind person or a girl couldn't miss:p you'd still have to hit the person before they hit you though.

Oh and if you look at all the signs they have banning everything short of walking fast on campus I'd say there's not chance of them allowing it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The Q-zar (or originally "Quasar" if you will) kit was fairly heavy duty for obvious reasons, and cost a small fortune per-kit. Add in the 'extras' like body-armour shells and the price went up, although granted not by much. So with that in mind, getting your hands on that kind of stuff might cost a fair bit of cash. The company that supplies it is in the UK. "Memo Electronics" or some such. Check wikipedia.

Dundrum was fun, but I liked Tallaght better (when it was still "Terminator Quasar" - multi-level arena themed on 2029 from the Terminator films)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Quasar's actually the right name, i think the company later used Q-Zar internationally.

I think they heavy duty kit would probably be overkill - but i think Laser Tag guns is what we're looking for. Less detectable than paintballing in the arts block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

This is weird, i was just talking about this the other day. http://www.lasercombatgames.com/ I've seen a place before that brings the equipment to you, cant think of the name. If a society set it up they might get permission.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Red Alert wrote:
    Totally weird idea - but anyone ever think of playing Q-Zar in the arts block or the tunnels at night?

Best idea evaaarrrrr!!

but Orts services allow students to have fun? Hahahah never

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Agreed.
    Add lack of will from Services and the like.

Advertisement