Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravitation 2007

Options
  • 06-02-2007 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just got a flyer posted to me today from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County council, Its the first i heard about this event, here's a link:
    http://www.dlrevents.ie/events.htm#gravitation
    Anyone have any more info??
    I'll be going anyway should be good.
    Later
    Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

Sweet! Wheres this old Dundrum Shopping center tho?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Class!! Would love to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Allegedly Frank's spine ramp is gonna be the main focus of attention
    - same one as was at Dublin City Council event last summer.

Should be worth a look - hope it stays dry!

JohnBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I'm going on the sunday, I'll be there with wife and kids in tow as well, so hope to see some of you there! I'll try and post a google earth map or similar for reference!!! The old shopping center is in the main town near the Luas flyover bridge, The Dundrum stop on the luas will leave you right beside it!

Here's a google earth file pinpointing where it is! I think this is right?? If not someone tell me!!!
    Cheers
    Ken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

Its not far from the new Dundrum town centre.I dont think its goin to be a 'the' spine ramp,I was told it was a mini ramp.there having graf artists there for the two days paintings cars and stuff and having 3 skaters/bmx'ers/bladers for a demo then the public can join in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Kenjd wrote:
    The old shopping center is in the main town near the Luas flyover bridge
    The empty space, if still empty, underneath that bridge would be perfect for a small skatepark/plaza along the same lines as Projects MCR in Manchester, Milton Keynes, Bay 66 or the upcoming Belfast park.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'm taking pictures on behalf of the promo company at this, anyone who's on boards i'll offer to take a shot or two of doing some tricks and send em on to you apres, just say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

Nice! So what's the street course gonna be like? Big or small or what? If i got off the luas at the same stop as the new Dundrum Shopping Center place would i be able to walk it from there yeah? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roisincarroll

Hey I'll be at the event this sunday we've to put together a tv package as part of our college course (journalism in DIT). would anyone be interested in giving a short interview to camera- just a minute or two talking bout their sport or graffiti?? Pretty please? send me a mail if u are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I wish you well all who are involved in this project it is great to see it happening.I hope the weather stays dry for it.

Yeah praying for good weather.Hope they have something on for the summer as well.
    Hey melekalikimaka if your taking pics for the promo company find out if they are going to do something when its hot and sunny!?!? Please!!

Staright from met eireann: SATURDAY NIGHT: Cold on Saturday night with a fairly widespread frost and some fog alsoSUNDAY: A cold start on Sunday with frost and fog clearing as southerly winds strengthen and they will become strong and gusty during the afternoon and evening. Daylight hours will be dry and bright in most places but cloud will thicken and rain will move in off the Atlantic in the evening to affect western areas. The day will be rather cool but it will become milder with the rain in the evening and it will be windy and fairly mild overnight with rain extending eastwards

Heres hoping.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055056284

one or two from the day, a few more up on my flickr.

Advertisement