Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T-shirt over a hoddie

• 06-02-2007 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey,

I was in town at the weekend and I saw a girl wearing a black fitted t-shirt over a grey hoodie. The hoody was very bulky so I didnt look right, but then later on I saw another girl wearing a t-shirt over a fitted hoodie and it looked much better!!

What do you think of this look?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

havent seen it but all im thinking is wrong wrong wrong wrong !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I think it can look good, but is a bit rocker teen angsty. But if you dress like that already go ahead. A few years ago it was fashionable and nearly everyone in my college was wearing long sleeve tops with t shirts over them. I think as long as it's not really baggy underneath it can be cool.

It's pretty popular with lads doing it with band t shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I think it'd be alright if the hoodie isn't too bulky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I used to wear a t-shirt over a long sleeved top all the time, must try it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Nala wrote:
    I used to wear a t-shirt over a long sleeved top all the time, must try it again.

very different to wearing a hoodie under a tshirt....the above looks good, and granted havent seen the hoodie look but it just sounds wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

The only time I've seen it is when it's cold out and someone has a teeshirt advertising something (usually student union elections in college). I think it could look ok on a size 6 but maybe not on my size 12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Maybe acceptable if you're an angsty, twelve year old who hangs around the central bank all weekend.

Otherwise - stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

pheby wrote:
    Hey,

I was in town at the weekend and I saw a girl wearing a black fitted t-shirt over a grey hoodie. The hoody was very bulky so I didnt look right, but then later on I saw another girl wearing a t-shirt over a fitted hoodie and it looked much better!!

What do you think of this look?

Only if your name is Bill or Ted and you're on a most excelent adventure.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Depends on the hoody (and the tshirt), if its too bulky it doesn't look right at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

cotwold wrote:
    Only if your name is Bill or Ted and you're on a most excelent adventure.:cool:

Excellent...

I wouldn't think it would look great tbh, especially if the hoody is anyway at all bulky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh, and it won't work if you're fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

The only time I've ever seen that done is at hockey or rugby matches when it is very very cold.
    Don't see the point otherwise tbh, are you supposed to wear another t-shirt under the hoodie too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I think it can look good, but only if the hoodie is make of a thin material and fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The short sleeve t-shirt over the long sleeve is grand, but over a hoodie? Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

on a serious note, yeah i think it would look good but only if its a light hoodie and its fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fashionfriend

This can look good as long as the hoodie is made of thin material!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I can't imagine it looking good... Anyone got any pics of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Seems like a strange idea. I've seen a few people in tops that are sort of all in one with what looks like a t-shirt over a hooded long sleeve top (as if the long sleeves and the hood were just sewed on to the t-shirt part) but they're more fitted, not bulky. Just another fleeting trend I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I don't quite get what's meant by non-bulky hoody.
    All hoodies, by nature, are kinda bulky and they certainly aren't like long sleeved jumpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

the only time this makes sense, is when you are wearing your rugby jersey over a hoodie cos it's gonna be freezing at the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement