Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house

Options
  • 06-02-2007 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Lads,

I'm having a problem here. I;m buying a house, when? Very soon, within a year.
    Do I go for gor for affordable, or shared, or buy??

On last years p60 I just about come under the cut off for a single person. This year I';ll have no chance, so if I go it has to be now or never.

What benefits do you get from shared? Also what way does the rent to the govermnet work? Would I be paying more then if I had a mortage?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Apply for all and see what you get and keep an eye out for houses too.

Would a clawback bother you?
    Are you buying outside of Dublin?
    Can you wait ages to be offered a house?
    would the affordable housing initative suit?
    etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭KingKenny7

Buying inside Dublin.

The clawback, I;m not too sure havnet really thought about it too much.
    I cant see houses rising that much more, so it would really bother me, also I;d do that shared, coz I;d want to own my home....

But is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

also I;d do that shared, coz I;d want to own my home....

You should read the information guides mate, if you want to own it you're better going for the affordable housing. With the shared-ownership you only own half of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you earn enough to buy your own house then buy it,and leave the affrdoable housing homes to those that wouldn't get a mortgage otherwise.
    If you can't then would you afford one under the affordable housing initative?if not that then the affrdoable housing scheme?if not maybe affordable housing with shared ownership.

It is a big step,do some research!

If you want a house,worknig hard to get it is really worth it,if your not too bothered then it isn't worth the stress!

Advertisement