Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Vista take any illigal software!

• 06-02-2007 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey everybody!

I've heard something about windows vista does not take any illigal software such as cracked one. Vista will automatically check any new software's licence and shut it down if is illigal.

Is there anyone know whether it is true?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

larliya wrote:
    Hey everybody!

I've heard something about windows vista does not take any illigal software such as cracked one. Vista will automatically check any new software's licence and shut it down if is illigal.

Is there anyone know whether it is true?
    Cheers!

yeah, its true :(

a guy in the pub told me :D

welcome to boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Yes it's true. It will also contact the relevant authorities who will call to your house and drag you away.

This thread self destruct in 5, 4, 3........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Does this mean that all our pirate copies will not work with winodws vista

(not that I have any anyway:rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's true all right I tried to install a cracked version of Office 2007 and Vista shutdown my PC and an error message said "Pay Microsoft €600 for the genuine software: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=331545 or else get Open Office: http://download.openoffice.org/2.1.0/index.html " Those programmers and their crazy messages ehh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL good one Oracle,

Op you can disable all the security features so you can install ANY software you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Don't forget that Microsoft have a special partnership with Boards.ie requiring the admins to notify Microsoft of anyone asking about illegal software!!

The police are on the way, my advice is to just come quietly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yes. Windows has finally become clever enough to not only know what software you're running, but also where you got it from - be it a torrent site, your mate Garry in school, or a guy in a duffel coat down a dark alleyway sometime after Midnight last Friday. It contacts the appropriate authorities (Gargai, MPAA, RIAA, Jack Thompson) and posts your name, address, school photo and the maps.live.com photo of your home on Slashdot so they can all have a good hard communal **** in your honour.

And to think they say there are no innovations in Vista. Pff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Not only that, it will melt the windows cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 larliya

mukki wrote:
    yeah, its true :(

a guy in the pub told me :D

welcome to boards

Yeah! I heard it from a pub guy as well. Really didn't believe it at the beginning that Vista has that new function. That is why they have applied over 2000 technicians to work on it, 10 times compared with 200 people on Window95. It seems that they have put loads efferts on it!

Yes. Windows has finally become clever enough to not only know what software you're running, but also where you got it from - be it a torrent site, your mate Garry in school, or a guy in a duffel coat down a dark alleyway sometime after Midnight last Friday. It contacts the appropriate authorities (Gargai, MPAA, RIAA, Jack Thompson) and posts your name, address, school photo and the maps.live.com photo of your home on Slashdot so they can all have a good hard communal **** in your honour.

And to think they say there are no innovations in Vista. Pff...
    Oh my! It sounds like it will be a detective for everyone in the world!

• Advertisement

swingking wrote:
    my mate told me that the new vista will take 1G to run on your PC, and it's really hard to update and use it for the old computers, have to buy a new one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

swingking wrote:
    Then spit it out of the drive hitting your eye!! Melted CD on your eye will get you to buy legal software in future :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cake Fiend wrote:
    Don't forget that Microsoft have a special partnership with Boards.ie requiring the admins to notify Microsoft of anyone asking about illegal software!!
    That's just a vicious rumour.

And besides we need the reward money .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

And just in case you think this is new:

From 1999:

NSA Builds Security Access Into Windows

http://www.techweb.com/article/printableArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=DD5AQTVASVDVIQSNDLRSKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=29110640&site_section=

Advertisement