Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts Classes

Options
  • 06-02-2007 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi

does anybody know of any martial arts classes in greystones for beginners

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Check out Jackie Skelly's for classes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I think Jackie Skellys only has Tae Bo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I know it's not in Greystones, but there's an Aikido class in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

The gym itself only run Tai Bo, its not a martial art, its exercise through kicks punches etc. Believe me, Tai Bo is not a self defence, the best self defence training you can get is on the treadmill!! If they can't catch you...
    There is a karate (I think) class advertised within the gym that is run by some guy in the area. I'll be up there tonight and will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Tae Kwon Do classes starting Monday 19th of February, 7:30pm - 8:30pm, in Eire Óg (GAA club, between rugby club and tennis club).

Will continue every Monday and Wednesday. If it proves popular will also be a second class 8:30-9:30.

No more details at the moment, probably the best thing to do is show up to a class and check it out for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Being thinking of doing something like this for ages, EMPM thanks for asking the question and DragOn79 thanks for answering!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

OK, I was wrong about the karate class I mentioned in an earlier post - I couldn't find any details about it in the gym this weekend. But there is a kickboxing class.
    Take nothing as fact, but I think its run privately (not by Jackie S) and if I remember right its held at 8pm on Tuesdays.
    Theres a poster on the notice board in the gym.

Advertisement