Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory

Options
  • 06-02-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

The ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory comes with a lot of Dell laptops. Anyone know if its any use?
    My old laptop has some integrated graphics and can't handle T&L and as most games, if not all, out in the last 3 or 4 years need T&L capabilities, I was wondering if this chipset did???

has anyone got it and tried or know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

i would say it probably does support t&l , but that graphics is really very bad. It too is integrated graphics, so dont expect anything too exciting at all, I wonder if it can actually run HL2 even . Alos you see teh way it says hypermemory at the end?? That means that it uses system memory (ie. memory from the 512 MB / 1 GB your laptop is likely to have. I think it probably has 128 MB of dedicated memory and then borrows the rest when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The X1150 is quite good, not spectacular, but for integrated it is good. T&L, yes, obviously it supports that, and as for Half Life 2, the X1150 can run it at 1024x768 on medium-high settings without too much difficulty.

It will also run Battlefield 2142, FEAR, and some other recent titles, although really taxing ones, like Oblivion, I wouldn't bank on, although they'd probably still work on the lowest settings relatively ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

sounds like it'd be good enough. But now I've found a decent laptop with a NVidia GeForce Go7300 (supporting 256MB TurboCache)

Think i might go for that, from what I can find its a little better, is it?

Not a great card either but yes, better then the X1150 by a decent margin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Xpress 1150 is actually based on the ATI X300 class GPU there's some talk that ATI's AVIVO video tech is bolted on but I've not seen hard proof.

I actually have one at the moment running Vista though and the drivers aren't in great shape so I'm going to wait until the next release to install them.

I'd go with the 7300 as well though that or the ATI Mobility X1400.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jesse1599

8T8 wrote:
    The Xpress 1150 is actually based on the ATI X300 class GPU there's some talk that ATI's AVIVO video tech is bolted on but I've not seen hard proof.

I actually have one at the moment running Vista though and the drivers aren't in great shape so I'm going to wait until the next release to install them.

I'd go with the 7300 as well though that or the ATI Mobility X1400.

hi, i was wondering if the xpress 1150 can run gta:sa and guildwars nightfall i think it can but i dont know for sure and i want to use the laptop for these games.

on the system requirments it says that you need a radeon 9600 but is the 1150 an other kind of radeon or something :confused: im not realy a computer genius :D

jesse

Well I have GTA: San Andreas so I can install it and give it a whirl but I dont have Guildwars.

The X1150 is a very basic GPU so only the real low end stuff will work okay on it. I'll try out GTA & let you know how it works.

It can run SA at least on a technical basis although I'm not sure how well, but I'd imagine you'd get by on reasonable settings and it can definitely run Guild Wars, on relatively high settings, not a very demanding game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Alot will depend on yoru cpu too and the ammount of ram, the faster/more the better.

Well I tried GTA:SA and it got to the games menu but when you started a new game it would just hang on that menu item, no amount of tweaking resolved the problem and the game works on another Vista machine so I can only assume it is GPU/driver related.

Catalyst 7.5 is due out very soon so I will give it another go when that is available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I really dont see how that chipset is going to run prey fear or hl2 with medim / high details at 1024*768. Not at a playable framerate.

I have a 7400 in my vaio, and it manages it just about.

Anti wrote:
    I really dont see how that chipset is going to run prey fear or hl2 with medim / high details at 1024*768. Not at a playable framerate.

I have a 7400 in my vaio, and it manages it just about.

I have a Go7400 as well and have no problems running HL2 at high settings with a nice framerate, it's not a very demanding games and works very well even on low end hardware.

The X1150 can get away with 1024x768 res with medium options on HL2, without too much trouble, although obviously goes without saying minus any AA or AF whatsoever (or for my 7400 either, it dies horribly when you apply such settings)

Prey I haven't a clue, being both low end and an ati gpu I wouldn't hold much faith in it running games like prey, quake or doom...although I reckon you'd get by on lowish settings fine, but hardly going to look great.

I don't have an X1150 but I have used the X200, which has a core speed about 100mhz slower then the 1150, and I could run HL2, BF2, Fear, Company of Heroes and Call of Duty 2, all at playable FPS but obviously varying settings, i.e low for BF2, COD2, FEAR, etc...medium for Source games

Advertisement