Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve Online Charter Ideas

Options
  • 06-02-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Okay after reading Devore's charter thread, i've been thinking alot about what an Eve online charter would consist of, and tbh i've hit a big feckin brick wall. Only thing I can think of is "Discussion of WoW related to Eve in any way" topics will result in a deletion and if an apology to the entire boards.ie Eve community is not given very quickly after the posting of the thread then they will be pew pew'd out of Eve Online forum and thrown into a pool full of DarkIreland Clones :D

So besides my ideas i was wondering what all you lads thought about the Eve Online Charter, ill be available in game tonight if you have any ideas about it or drop me an evemail or post your response here.

Thanks

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

"No smacktalk. If you're at war with another corp keep your nasty comments in-game and out of the forum."

I guess thats an obvious one but its all I can think of aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

instead of banning people we get privateers to pew pew pew them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

No begging for isk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

I like jaggah's justice system!

I guess nothing off topic, i.e. non-eve related posts (discussion of WoW as mentioned previously) :D

TBH I don't think anyone here causes any abuse towards other people or players as it is, but if a poster does they should be but into check

I guess no posting of commercial sites related to the selling of ISK or anything that is against the CCP EULA, such as macro mining etc... Game Cards are fine of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

\o/ w0ot im a deterrent to trolling ;p

1.No Heavy duty flaming of corps/alliances/player's
    2.No begging for isk
    3.No discussion of macro programs / isk selling sites

These are good rules!

• Advertisement

I noticed alot of threads (ie all of them) tend to go WAY off topic, perhaps we should make a few stickies to cover basic things that tend to crop up alot

Newbie help FAQ/Getting Started/Boards.ie Corp/Irish channel,.
    Political topics/Alliance discussion
    Ship fitouts/best ships/modules/PVP/PVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Mine...

1. Usual illegal to ccp illegal here.

2. Corp/Alliance smacktalk should have your real characters name/corp/alliance listed somewhere to back up the talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah, yiz are all beautiful.

What's wrong with Corp smack talk and alliance waffling? It's not breaking any laws or rules of the game and people should be free to voice their own opinions. If they think there Corp is the bomb, then let them go tick tick tick away. You don't want to restrict people too much or else what's the point in a forum?

Don't make rules just for the sake of making rules.

The begging for isk point is another one I'd wonder at... aren't all players free to read such a post and say no? I know as a new player I might have been tempted to ask for a handout (but thanks to the BIE dividends and the generosity of Irish players such as Dark&Gneez I don't have to), but it doesn't necessarily have to be taken as an afront to all that Eve stands for. For instance 1mil ISK might seem like nothing to an experienced player that gets 20mil for a bit of ratting, but it might mean the world to a player that's just starting out. I think you should give the Boards.ie users a bit of credit and let them judge themselves what might be a scam etc etc.

Really I think you should consider the game itself when creating a charter... you're making a forum for a game that's as open and free as a game can be, imposing pointless limitations and rules on a discussion forum will do little other then limit the amount of people that use the forum.

As a player that found Eve throught the Boards forum, I'd hate to look up the forum and find people being berated just because they're proud that their corp killed someone else's Corp... this is all part of the game so why can't it be part of the forum.

P.S. .... No-one mentioned emsy Dee :D

What's wrong with Corp smack talk and alliance waffling?

Lets say someone posted that all Boobs were cheating scum and thieves on the forum (Totally untrue).

Of course this would p!ss off boob members to no end and would demand that the person give their name so as to prove it. In which case it would just alienate them to this board if they couldn't get that persons name or the smaktalk was left.

Now on the other hand if the person had to post their in game name and corp then while they can still say the same thing, they are liable to get smacked about by more boobs in game for besmirching their name then you would in a Thai bordello.
    It's not breaking any laws or rules of the game

Actually CCP disallow it on their forums except for certain areas and you get your post nuked/banned if you do not reveal your main character/corp.

For instance 1mil ISK might seem like nothing to an experienced player that gets 20mil for a bit of ratting, but it might mean the world to a player that's just starting out.

No beggers!

I have given out around 100 million in isk to various people even when I couldn't afford it. Out of those people they have far surpassed me. Think any would throw me some cash back? Like fuk.

I've found those who beg early on in the game rarely give back to the game later on.

BIE corp isn't giving to beggers. We get you on your feet with a ship and items (which technically you are supposed to give back when you don't need anymore) and the cash in dividends is basically the corp members cash paid in by taxes (minus rent and other corp expenditures). Yous have just been luckly there have been some large donations recently. :)

• Advertisement

Why give out money if you can't afford it? Ok, maybe begging is bad, now that I come to think of it I don't think I've ever begged on Eve, people have just given me money... but if a player is stuck at the start then why not? People should have the good sense not to give out money if they can't afford it, but have a big ol heart when they're raking in loads of cash and can lighten the burden on a new player.
    I've got my BIE condor labelled as such, I'm sure I can return it soon since I'm currently in the business of building beginners frigs and selling them below market cost (it might sound stupid, but it's all part of a stupid empire building plan I'm working on).
    I just think it's a tad harsh... nobody is being forced to give anyone money, if a new player is in need, then what the hell? I've only being playing 10 days and already I've overed a new boardsie type a frigate to help him along. God damn, it's only a game, why not share the love.. I'm sure it'll help you along alot more then scrambling up some corp ladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I agree there should be no beggers, but tbh I haven't seen any on here or in Irish chat. If you choose to give someone money thats your own business and you surely can't complain if you couldn't afford it.

I also like the idea of having to post your character's name and corp like Corporation, Alliance and Organization Discussions in Eve O.
    Newbie help FAQ/Getting Started/Boards.ie Corp/Irish channel,.
    Political topics/Alliance discussion
    Ship fitouts/best ships/modules/PVP/PVE.

This is a great idea, Eve can be quite daunting to the new comers. Also Bantam fitting can be a hot topic and really deserves to be stickied.

I said the no begging for isk thing for a reason, money is everything in this game, and earning it is all the sweet. The most valuable lesson you will ever learn is losing money, if you get it back for nothing, then the lesson is wasted.

An example, I was mining with a newer player and they were pulling in 10-20 times the isk they usually would, thats alot better help. But what did they do with it? They spent it all on a maller, with no money left for Mods or insurance. They asked me for a lend to buy stuff, after I had helped him mine 10mil in ore. I didn't give any isk, I lied and said I couldn't afford it. They lost their cruiser the next day, lesson learned.

Idiots start this game all the time, and they see older players as a chance to get a free ride, we like to help but, put simply we like to help people who need help, not ones who are lazy.

Any person who wants free isk should really just join a corp.

Why give out money if you can't afford it?

Friends? Family. I still owe Jaggeh 30 million. :eek:
    tba wrote:
    The most valuable lesson you will ever learn is losing money, if you get it back for nothing, then the lesson is wasted.

QFT

This really is number one lesson for Eve. Never use anything you can't afford to loose.

I learnt that the hard way transporting tens of millions in cargo through 0.0 in a badger II, or flying a raven into a level 3 mission without any nos or shield related skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Version 1.0 of the charter done, take a look see :D

R0ot wrote:
    Version 1.0 of the charter done, take a look see :D

I never read a charter on charter patch day.

I've got my BIE condor labelled as such, I'm sure I can return it soon since I'm currently in the business of building beginners frigs and selling them below market cost (it might sound stupid, but it's all part of a stupid empire building plan I'm working on).

As I mentioned its only technically. In truth you can keep it and if it goes pop for any reason you will be supplied with another (if they keep going pop frequently its a different story).

Hah hah TBA, for a minute there I thougth you were the Geesemeister bitching about me and my mining... then I realised I don't even know what a maller is! :)

Ah Hobbes, I didn't take your corp bird bit as a "give us back our frigate" type personal jab, I was just saying I nearly to myself that I have to give it back... I see no use for it since I already have a similiar ship (labelled "spare burrrd") and I dunno what I even need a Condor for when I have the mighty mighty bantam! :)

30 million in debt to Jaggeh? Surely that's you begging him and not you giving money you can't afford eh? :) Oh... is there a loan-shark career in Eve? I can imagine that being well profitable! Wuhahahahahahaha ... "pay up or I'll break yer left mwd!"

gah people owe me money left right and centre, but then again I owe others just as much, only give isk to those you think would do the same for you.

i usually just give people money before they ask for it. i usually get it back at some stage. usually when im in real need (thanks r00t)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

jaggeh wrote:
    i usually just give people money before they ask for it. i usually get it back at some stage. usually when im in real need (thanks r00t)

hehe, i was a good investment eh? tbh atm isk doesn't mean a whole lot to me and i've bailed a few mates out before in tight situations, but at the start that little bit of isk that people like jaggeh and other gave me was a great help. Although begging is still not the way to go in my view, I wasn't expecting jaggeh to give me isk, he did it on his own initiative. (thanks jaggeh) :D

although we should disallow begging in the
    "isk plz" instance

i think people should be allowed to ask for 'loans' for instance if r00t came to me and said could you loan me X to get Y and i will repay you by Z then i would if i had the cash.

so if someone puts up a post saying "Loan request" and states what they need the loan for and a promise to repay then it should be ok. i dont consider that begging.

Money money money money.... Money!

Advertisement