Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stains on an Oak Table

Options
  • 06-02-2007 4:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I have a new solid oak table (<2 months) and I have found that it's incredibly easy to stain and/or mark it.

I spilt water on it a few weeks back and the stain from where the water was is till there???

it seems that any liquid of any description marks the table. Surely this can't be right??

Is there anything I can do (apart from a glass top and a cloth) to stop or get rid of this? Is this normal?? A bottle of oil, smells like cooking oil, came with the table. What is this for??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Your table is finished in wax or danish oil or something similar....chances are whatever's in the bottle is for touching up in an event like this....but IIRC it can be a right bitch to move the greyed out stain that water causes when it gets under wax. I think you can get a stain remover for it....someone else might be able to advise you better or you could try posting in the woodcrafts forum.

Advertisement