Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Long to score anytime - 6/5 with Hills

• 06-02-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭

Shane Long is 6/5 with William Hills to score anytime tomorrow in the Ireland/San marino game. Outstanding odds given the fact he starts alongside Robbie Keane. Keane is 1/3. Long is odds on everywhere else

Just thought I'd post a heads up

EDIT: He's 5/4 with betdirect if anybody has an a/c with them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Seems like great value to me. The kids confidence must be through the roof at the moment. 2 in two games at Reading and an Ireland call up and more than likely a start? Defo worth a punt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Legged it into W.Hill after work and they had to ring up to check the price but as usual the 6/5 was gone and they were now quoting 8/11. Went to net cafe and registered a new account with Bet Direct and lumped it on Long at 5/4!

Get on it lads while the value is still there!!

Get in!!

Goodman Dodge for posting this cracking bet! All we need now is for Long to score! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I accept no responsibilty for lost bets etc etc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Robbie Keane at 1-3 even seams a good bet considering the opposition.He scored a hatrick against them last time out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Robbie Keane at 1-3 even seams a good bet considering the opposition.He scored a hatrick against them last time out.
    true,if i had a spare couple of grand i would be very tempted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Great find. Some stats for you. Results of San Marino's last eight home games:

Sep 06, 2006 European Championships San Marino Germany 0 - 13
    Aug 16, 2006 Friendly San Marino Albania 0 - 3
    Oct 12, 2005 WC Qualifying Europe San Marino Spain 0 - 6
    Jun 04, 2005 WC Qualifying Europe San Marino Bosnia-Herzegovina 1 - 3
    Mar 30, 2005 WC Qualifying Europe San Marino Belgium 1 - 2
    Nov 17, 2004 WC Qualifying Europe San Marino Lithuania 0 - 1
    Sep 04, 2004 WC Qualifying Europe San Marino Serbia and Montenegro 0 - 3
    Jun 11, 2003 European Championships San Marino Hungary 0 - 5

Long's price at 2.25 on Betdirect is tasty. He's starting to get his game and will be well up this. But Keane at 1.57 is screaming at me like some type of irate ex-girlfriend in a busy pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Also, Keane is still available at 1.57 with Betdirect to score at any time.

Fill yer boots lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just put €10 on Long to score twice or more @ 11-4
    and Long to score at all @ 8-13

These were both on Paddypower and they seemed OK to me. I'm a gambling novice!

i was just too tempted by robbie keane's odds to score at all so i stuck 100euro on him last nite!!

Long to score at any time is 11/10 in Boyles at present.

I stuck him in a double with Spain +1.

• Advertisement

Betdirect copped on and no more to score anytime bets left!! I was going to lump 1k on Keane to score at 1.57!!!

Damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Dodge wrote:
    Shane Long is 6/5 with William Hills to score anytime tomorrow in the Ireland/San marino game. Outstanding odds given the fact he starts alongside Robbie Keane. Keane is 1/3. Long is odds on everywhere else

Just thought I'd post a heads up

EDIT: He's 5/4 with betdirect if anybody has an a/c with them
    went for long to score the first goal at 7/2,he`s down to 8/13 to score in 90 mins

There goes my hundred on robbie!!! what a shocking performance cant even put it into words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PIMPHO wrote:
    Betdirect copped on and no more to score anytime bets left!! I was going to lump 1k on Keane to score at 1.57!!!

Damn!

You dodged that bullet. Unlucky on the shout lads, its looked a great bet.

Even with stan as manager i didnt think they would play that badly, awful.

Dodged a bullet is right! Thank fook for that! What a complete joke the Irish team are! I wouldn't even bother my ass or waste my money to support them at Croke park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thinking behind the bet was right but thats the gamble. If you backed all 8/13 shots at 6/5 you'll be in profit long term.

I know loads of people who lost fortunes betting on Robbie Keane. I tried to warn them. Fecking chancer

I think I'd be more upset if I layed ireland at 1.03 (or less) on betfair.

On to the next bet...

People can blame Stan all they want but on paper it was a great team. Players should be held accountable for that sham of a performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

People can blame Stan all they want but on paper it was a great team. Players should be held accountable for that sham of a performance!
    The problem is that the team have no respect for Stan, he's lost the dressing room, that's why they were happy with the 1-0, it would get them the points, and get Stan a barracking, at 1-1, did you see how urgent they became? They had more chances in injury time (the ref was a disgrace playing on until Ireland scored btw) than in the rest of the game, cos they knew how embarrassing a draw would be for them.
    That's why Stan has to go, he's likeable, but totally inexperienced, more importantly, that feckin gimp who appointed him has to go too.

I see your point Glenbhoy but if the the players were settling for 1-0 to undermine Stan I'd bash their fooking heads together and drop them of the team. They have to remember they are representing Ireland and Ireland fans and not airing their own personal grievences with Stan!

I also think that our division 1 UCL team would give San Marino a good run for their money.

Advertisement