Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Adriano

Options
  • 06-02-2007 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭

Ok I don't frequent this board that often so this has probably been mentioned before but...

Why the hell is Adriano so good in PES6? He's the only striker capable of hitting the ball hard and on target, and he rarely shoots wide. On xbox live my win rate is just under 50% but has been improving from about 30% ever since I started picking Brazil whenever the player against me picks Brazil (usually play with Arsenal). Now I pick Brazil whenever the player against me picks Inter (everyone plays with inter, bloody everybody). My win rate has really taken off since I've started doing this. I hate people who play with Brazil as much as anybody else does, but having Adriano playing against you is just an unfair disadvantage. I seriously doubt half the people who play this game are Inter fans or Brazillian, so why do you think they're picking Inter and Brazil?

Also I was just beating some guy 7-1, (he picked Inter, I picked Brazil and destroyed him). He was ranked a division above me and it would have been by far my best win but he goes and quits after I score the seventh and I end up with a 3-0 win. Retarded system, why not give me an extra 3 goals on top of what I already had, instead of actually reducing the margin of defeat. It encourages the losing player to quit in situations like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ok I don't frequent this board that often so this has probably been mentioned before but...

Why the hell is Adriano so good in PES6? He's the only striker capable of hitting the ball hard and on target, and he rarely shoots wide. On xbox live my win rate is just under 50% but has been improving from about 30% ever since I started picking Brazil whenever the player against me picks Brazil (usually play with Arsenal). Now I pick Brazil whenever the player against me picks Inter (everyone plays with inter, bloody everybody). My win rate has really taken off since I've started doing this. I hate people who play with Brazil as much as anybody else does, but having Adriano playing against you is just an unfair disadvantage. I seriously doubt half the people who play this game are Inter fans or Brazillian, so why do you think they're picking Inter and Brazil?

Also I was just beating some guy 7-1, (he picked Inter, I picked Brazil and destroyed him). He was ranked a division above me and it would have been by far my best win but he goes and quits after I score the seventh and I end up with a 3-0 win. Retarded system, why not give me an extra 3 goals on top of what I already had, instead of actually reducing the margin of defeat. It encourages the losing player to quit in situations like that.
    He's good but not unstoppable.

If someone picks Brazil against me I'll use Argentina. I use 4 CBs one DM 3 AMs (2 out wide, Messi & Aimar) and 2 CFs. Works a treat.

If someone uses Inter i usually pick AC, keep the default formation but have 4 CBs. and basically in both games, just mark Adriano out of the game.

As for disconnecting, it doesnt matter how many goals the person has conceeded they lose the same amount of points regardless of quitting or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

if someone picks brazil against me i'll pick england

i play 5 at the back 2 wing backs 3 centre, i'll play 2 midfielders fairly forward and 3 up front

ive found that the wing backs provide the defense against where adriano gets his moment to shine, out on the wing coming in running at the defense. i havnt conceded to adriano in weeks, dont play on doing so any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

I think the reason he's got such good stats is that he is one of the two players who are used to endorse/advertise the game (Terry being the other) ... gotta keep him a happy chappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tobikov

He's a joke. He's border line unstoppable. In fact the whole Inter team are ridiculous. It's a real challenge plying against them. when you combine this with people cheating it makes playing Pro Evo online a real frustrating experience. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It wouldnt be so bad if he was actually a world force in real life, but the man has had an awful 18 months. I remember watchjing the Confederation Cup in 2005 thinking, jesus, this guy is unreal! But since then hes been a stinker. Although hes been scoring latley, and just the other week he did this straight from Kickoff:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16ody_chievointer-01-adriano

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tobikov

Mikeyt086 wrote:
    It wouldnt be so bad if he was actually a world force in real life, but the man has had an awful 18 months. I remember watchjing the Confederation Cup in 2005 thinking, jesus, this guy is unreal! But since then hes been a stinker. Although hes been scoring latley, and just the other week he did this straight from Kickoff:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16ody_chievointer-01-adriano

Wow. That's some strike. And it's loads like the goals he scores in Pro Evo too. Maybe Konami weren't so far off after all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

That goal is like something he'd do in Pro Evo; the defender may be ahead of him but then he out muscles the defender and when you think you've pushed him too far outside, BAM, goal.
    I prefer Zlatan myself, his dribbling is incredible. In offline with no lag its impossible to stop him, hes just so strong and quick with his feet and can shoot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If someone keeps picking Inter and trying the cutback, i just take out Adriano, just make sure its outside the box and not with the same player twice. Job done really, cant bloody score when your being stretchered off the pitch....

Crude but effective.

kdjac

i just play 5-3-2 when someone picks inter, best defense again them is to crowd them out and use the call for assistance button when you under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My 1 month trial ran out and to be honest with being unable to get a game of COD3 running proper and pulling my hair out with PES I have reverted back to Master league and am a lot more happier with that ,way to frustrating. Only thing is I have a copy of gears of war on the way and that will have to be online so better get some bubble wrap for the controller when playing v adriano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KdjaCL wrote:
    Crude but effective.

Thug...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

i just play 5-3-2 when someone picks inter, best defense again them is to crowd them out and use the call for assistance button when you under pressure

I don't get time to play very often so wouldn't encounter Inter that much. Got them last night tho' and got my ass whooped in the first half ... 2-0. Was having a torrid time containing Adriano with my usual 3-4-3 Barca line-up. Changed to my defensive team strategy in the second half with a 5-3-2 formation and the guy hardly had a sniff at goals throughout. As well as that he was unable to do as much showboating as in the first half (which was driving me to punch my sofa cushions with frustration!). Definitely effective. Mind you I didn't have the skill to turn that into goals on my part so still lost 2-0.:(

glad i could help :)

now just practise whole matches with 5-3-2 and turning defenses centrally

or play wide wingers pushed forward with the 1 central midfielder sitting behind at the half way line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never change formation, whatever team i am i play as is. Have beaten everyone in the group with West Ham tho :D

Calling for assitance somestimes pulls a CMF out and allows a simple pass in behind him

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I would also advocate using Offside Trap and Backline settings set to 'A'. Works a dream against those online players who play ridiculously positioned winger / forwards way, way up the pitch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Slurms wrote:
    If someone uses Inter i usually pick AC, keep the default formation but have 4 CBs. and basically in both games, just mark Adriano out of the game.

I stumbled across this strategy too. Playing Inter every second game (at one stage 6 times in a row) I got fed up with it and starting using random select (I don't really care about my rank I just want to play against people instead of the computer), so anyway, I got Milan once and effectively cancelled out Inter. Lost 2-1 in the end but that was just down to sloppiness (you tend to not care when you've played the same team 6 times in a row).

Milan are very good in the game bar the strikers (but again that might just be me, I find it so much harder to score on the 360 compared to the PS2). Serginho has absolutely no stamina though, only lasts a half.

P.S. The 360 version is horrible compared to the PS2 imo. I kind of hate it, but it's the only game I'm good enough to play on Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I agree about Adriano, hes way too good but it does give me a lot of satisfaction when i beat highly rated players who pick inter/barca and i pick the mighty villareal. i managed to beat a guy ranked 1500 who was inter(im ranked around 40000) with the last kick of the game 1-0. He sent me a text saying "gg but u didnt deserve to win". I dont think people deserve an opinion if they lose with inter and are ranked a million places ahead of me :)

Ah, I dunno. I find when I play people that are few levels below me I actually play worse. Maybe it's a concentration thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rapp

makaveli is dead right about AC being a counter to inter. i reckon they have the highest defence stats in the game - nesta maldini kaladze gattuso - animals. pirlo and seedorf my favourite central midfielders in the game and exquisite passers. Dont bother using wingers with ac as they have no one good enough for cordoba and zanetti, if you must have wide men use cafu as wingback with 3 CBs and a wide support striker opposite side to cafus - kaka preferably. Inzaghi is exactly as he plays in reality a nigh on useless muppet but always in right place at right time. his reaction/ response is red making him ideal in the box. im an inter fan btw but they make a mockery of the game with their balance and powers stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea i agree with u lads about AC. I decided to try them out after falling dangerously near the 200,000 ranking zone. i was happy to see they use the same formation as my old fav team villareal. their midfeild and defence is class, theyve helped me back up into the top 30,000( although the main reason for my rankings climb was i finally discovered after 6 months of owning the game that its better to push the A button than to keep tapping it when tackling :) )

• Advertisement

Really? Ha, thanks for the tip.

Advertisement