Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericson K810i

• 06-02-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

k810i_front_noble_blue-1.jpg

Just announced I think. I'm about to pick up the k800i tomorrow, but this does look nice, pity its about 2/3 months away.

It has a new circular keypad design, illuminated camera icons and Photo Fix photo editing software. not a huge improvement but still tempting to wait for it

What do e think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

what site did you get this info from>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meh, just a 'Lite' version of the K800i really. If you were planning to get a K800i, I wouldn't let this throw you off nor would I be rushing out to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

You need to keep in mind that Irish mobile networks release their phones about 1 or even two quarters after the UK. Probably not worth waiting for if you want a phone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that keypad and menu buttons look painful, as if the ones on the k800i weren't small enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Cremo wrote:
    that keypad and menu buttons look painful, as if the ones on the k800i weren't small enough.
    Yup i'm with u cremo. Thats the first thing i thought of when i saw it. The buttons look like they could be a bit annoying to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wouldn't think so. I suspect they'd be a bit raised, and there's a big gap between them for big thumbs. I think the keypad is much better laid out than the K800i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

W880 looks good too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

specs say 4mm thinner, so it looks like they redesigned the bulky lens cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eolhc wrote:
    specs say 4mm thinner, so it looks like they redesigned the bulky lens cover
    if those keys were nice to use - have to try them out - then i'd buy it for the above reason alone.

SE were insane to think people would like that lens cover on the k800i, it keeps sliding down in my pocket and thus turns on the camera and thus wasting battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Its the same functions as a k800.they should have changed it abit like better camera and beter functions.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pity they seem to have stuck with using the unreliable joystick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i've got one here - and an 880 - both are pretty lovely - the 880 espically

Advertisement