Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP + Smarty project ideas

Options
  • 06-02-2007 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I've returned from a trip and I want to further improve my skills, so I need a project while I look for a new job.

Can anyone give me ideas on something to work on where I can practice OO PHP using Smarty templates.

Or point me in the direction of a PHP site (Other than php.net) where programming problems are required.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Try elance.com or rent-a-coder.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Maybe volunteer to port the Care2x project from PHP4 to PHP5.
    It's an open source PHP hospital management (and uses the Smarty template system). It seems to be mainly aimed at hospitals in developing countries.

They say that it is designed to work on Windows (I spent a silly amount of time trying to get it going on Linux). I volunteered for this role a while back, did some porting (search/replace type work) and haven't done anything since then. It's not very active but you might be able to influence things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Cheers guys for your suggestions.

Advertisement