Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra RAM in a Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop

Options
  • 06-02-2007 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at upgrading the RAM to 1Gb, but I'm wondering

- By taking the necessary plates off to access the RAM whether I'm voiding a warranty?
    - Is it easy to remove a certain plate or plates off the back, or is it the equivalent of open heart surgery?

I've found this site to buy the RAM

http://www.portables.co.uk/acatalog/Memory_Page_1.html

but I'm just wondering if anyone knows a better one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try shop4memory.com or crucial.com/eu for cheaper memory.
    I am not 100% sure about your warranty question though, I would say no. It is a fairly simple operation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Lets put it this way... Dell will sell you RAM for a very inflated price and you will have to install it. No it does not void your warranty. And even if it did, Dell could never prove you opened it.

Its as simple as opening a screw or two. Only tricky part is not misplacing the tiny screws :D

Advertisement