Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Dealer's Lying Competition

Options
  • 06-02-2007 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

I have heard some good excuses from dealers over the years for not getting stuff in or not having stuff. but recently i heard an unbeliveable one . i was in a gunshop last week when a middle aged man came in well dressed, as he did the shop owner apoligised to the guy he was serving and says i need to talk to this man he goses over and says, im sorry to tell you i got 4 unique alpines in last monday but there all sold, yer man freaks and says but i paid the deposit why didnt you keep 1 for me. the dealer says the guy that bought them was a member of the US department of defence and told me that if i didnt sell them to him he have me closed down. all i can do is give you back you deposit. yer man looks at him astonished and walks out.
    The dealer kept a straight face and just carried on with the rest of the customers
    i nearly cracked up :D:D
    there must be more of these lies (i mean reasons out there) out there please share this national treasure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Prospective posters on this thread:

for the love of Jesus and all that is holy, please don't go identifying anyone!

Otherwise, I'd love to hear stories of this nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Ok then ,

How about a dealer I know of who on several occasions has had people drive to his shop to buy ammo or goods of a particular make or type with the reasurrance that "I have pallet loads of them" .

The poor sucker arrives tired but happy ,only to be greeted with the following..!
    " God thats a divil lads , I just sold the last 5000 ? rounds to a guy 5 minutes ago, maybe you met him walking up the street ? "
    "Maybe this stuff would do instead...? "

I have had this happen to me after an hour's drive , in relating the story I came across 3 other people who got the same line in the same shop.

This didn't involve the Tackle Shop, Donies, Stakelums or O'Hallorans... all of whom have provided honest truthful service..

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

One man springs to mind! The fairy story man with a shop in the midlands.

Told me these 2 storys a few weeks ago:

1. Was out shooting duck and got 5 different species in the 1 day!

2. Deer stalking and shot 15 in 1 day!

He also regularly shoots 3 inch groups at 1mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Quillo

He also regularly shoots 3 inch groups at 1mile.

Probably using a 22LR at an angle of 45 degress.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

2. Deer stalking and shot 15 in 1 day!
    I think the rangers in the Phoenix Park want to hear from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Many moons ago I bought my first .220 Swift . From date of order to delivery took 19 months , must be some sort of record , but to cap it all when the gun arrived the dealer had no ammunition , you didnt order ammunition and there is none in the country . 6 weeks later I scrounged a box of bullets .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Quillo wrote:
    Probably using a 22LR at an angle of 45 degress.....
    I doubt you'd do that with a G22.
    Maybe with a G11 though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

the dealer says the guy that bought them was a member of the US department of defence and told me that if i didnt sell them to him he have me closed down.

THAT is The BEST load of warm&brown matter I have heard in a long time here:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

welcome back CG :D
    heres another 1, a few years back afriend and i were out deerstalking on a sunday it was in coilte foresty (legitly) as we came out on to the side of mountain we spotted a couple of bucks fighting over on a hill on the far side of the valley, so we headed over after 45 minutes of walking we were still 5-600 yards away so we were walking up the hill inside the treeline watching the 2 bucks fighting,
    we got to a couple a hundred yards away and we heard a plane or somthing overhead we peeped out to see a helicopter had come down fairly low to look at the deer, as it did the 2 bucks dissappeared we werent to impressed with the copter or its occupants.
    but anyway the following week my friend gose into the shop and mentions what happened and how unusual it was, what dose yer man say, sorry about that i didnt know you were there i was out with doing ahead count for coilte and spotted them so we thought we'd take look

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I rang a place to see if they had any of "x" brand cartridge,no 3 shot(5.00 a box).I was assured they did and duly headed into town to buy some.When i got there i was presented with two boxes of eley Alphamax(8.50 or something a box,No 6 shot only).This was aftre faffing around in the back room for about twenty minutes too.I coulndt see the point in all the messing around and asked the bloke who i'd spoken to on the phone why he'd told
    me such a pack on nonsens and he muttered some rubbish about the keys to the safe and the guards and new regulations and blah blah.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

A person I know goes to a particular shop to buy a particular rifle cartridge, another person I know also goes to the same shop to get the same rifle cartridge. When I go to the particular shop in question they tell me they've never heard of that particular rifle cartridge.

Advertisement