Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England to play Australia in One Day Series Finals

• 06-02-2007 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Well there was me saying this beano was likely to do England more harm than good.

Another solid performance though the Kiwis proberly should have won given the easy start thanks to the lame bowling from the England openers. Still a win is a win.

Now a whitewash by the Aussies follows!? :(

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And Stuart Broad has been called up at last! Teh sekrit weapon! (About time imo, calling for it since the first test!)

I wonder will we be asking why wasnt he called up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

england are 28-3 and need 225 to win of 40 overs

not looking good

mcgrath just dropped a sitter,bell should be out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Cracking match, come on England!

Australia 252 (48.3 ov)
    England 240/6 (48.0 ov)
    England require another 14 runs with 4 wickets and 13 balls remaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Well done England.

Australia 252 (48.3 ov)
    England 253/6 (49.3 ov)
    England won by 4 wickets (with 3 balls remaining)

England RR 5.11
    Last 5 ovs 38/2 RR 7.60
    Australia RR (5.19) 5.04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Ned Kelly, Robert Menzies, David Campese, Kylie Minogue, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, Ian Thorpe, Yvonne Goolagong, Mel Gibson ... your boys took a hell of a beating:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D I was in the van listening on a fading LW as I went further inland and west
    so I pulled over for the last 20 mins just in case I missed the victory. Great vindication for Collingwood zero to hero in two matches.

Mike.

Good grief, who'd have thought the Australian summer weather would be so important? The Duckworth/Lewis is in action and England are in the box seat having made 246 for 8, Oz have been set 211 but are 132 for 7 its all over now!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

They will think they will win the world cup now

How "Irish" (read begrudger) of you!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

RuggieBear wrote:
    Ned Kelly, Robert Menzies, David Campese, Kylie Minogue, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, Ian Thorpe, Yvonne Goolagong, Mel Gibson ... your boys took a hell of a beating:D

As far as I am aware Mel Gibson isn't an Australian citizen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

GREEAT game, delighted for the english, they may have been muck in the group games, but they peaked at the right time

and what about that catch from Dalrymple, that alone deserved to win the game,

superb captaincy i thought from flintoff, good fielding positions, rotated the bowling very well, i think maybe he`s been watching Vaughan a little more intently recently, because he really did take a few lessons out of his book

great to see the aussies beaten, they are human after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sportaholic

Trampas wrote:

Play like that and they can, 3 wins in a row against Australia in Australia is a fantastic effort.

Trampas wrote:
    in the bag my son,in the bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Roffle. As long as England remember how badly they played until the last 2 weeks of this tournament, this victory must not gloss over what went on before.

Dalrymple's catch reminded me of Strauss' in the Ashes '05.

Advertisement