Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB ripwave service

Options
  • 06-02-2007 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd share my experience with IBB .
    Basically the modem died on sunday ,rang yesterday and the courier called today with a new modem.

It's not very fast broadband ,but at least they're trying .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IBB_Tech

_Brian_ wrote:
    Just thought I'd share my experience with IBB .
    Basically the modem died on sunday ,rang yesterday and the courier called today with a new modem.

It's not very fast broadband ,but at least they're trying .

Many times you will get poor Quality signal indicated by the Q bar on the ripwave, as this is happening the signal on the modem is getting interference from something else, usually we find that its electronic you need at least half bars on the Q signal for the modem to work fast enough for good internet usage.

We cannot do anything about interference locally, like a tv aerial the modem gets interference and has to be moved around for the best signal.

Advertisement