Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value my car

Options
  • 06-02-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

i own a fiat punto its 96 its a elx model it has electric sun roof electric front windows power stearin drives air bag alloys color coded bumpers its 1.2 and has 128 miles on da clock it starts first turn of the key every time even drunin the winter mornigs when its frosted over

theres 1 pic of it on http://mrvaincolin.bebo.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Vain wrote:
    i own a fiat punto its 96 its a elx model it has electric sun roof electric front windows power stearin drives air bag alloys color coded bumpers its 1.2 and has 128 miles on da clock it starts first turn of the key every time even drunin the winter mornigs when its frosted over
    don't expect you'll get much. Wife sold similar car back in 2001. Hers was a 97 ELX with 43k miles for 4,600 euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you should check out the car valuer / averager on www.cbg.ie

for a 1996 Punto the average price is 2k (didnt check mileage though)

http://cbg.ie/PriceCheck.asp?make=Fiat&modid=62&smodel=62&model=Punto&year=1996&Submitted=True

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd say €1500 on a very good day, €1200 on most days, The milage and head gasget issues with most will put alot of people off it. If it's got a service history will be easier to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

i paid 1500 from a dealer.. the body of the car only has a few marks notin big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I paid €1500 for a 1998 elx 2 years ago. I would say yours is worth about €800 with a current NCT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

those cars didn't hold their value that well. I would have said below 1k. My sis in law is selling her 96 Starlet with 82k miles and she has been told its 1500 from the dealer on a trade in so possibly 2k selling private. The punto has in no way the same retail value as the starlet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

5-600 tops, if you look hard around here you'll get them for nothing.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

somewhere between €800 and a €1000 would be as much as u could hope for!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Vain wrote:
    i paid 1500 from a dealer..

When?

Obviously the price one pays to a dealer to get an old Punto with a wee warranty is significantly higher than the one in a "caveat emptor" private sale

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

worth 500 to 750

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

bout 4 months ago.. i say i think i would be able to sell it off 4 1500 again its a good enough car im not selloin it or anything just wanted to see was i ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

theres a big difference between buying a Punto from a dealer and selling it privately. Dealer is offering a warranty, probably full service and some form of comeback if it turns out to be a lemon. That's where the other few hundred goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Plus the fact you bought it 4 months ago which was last year so the car is now 11 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A Fiat lasting 11 yrs ! I doubt a scrapper would take it from you1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If it's in good nick with a long NCT you might get as much as 1000 - 1200 in a private sale. Good cars in that price bracket can be hard to find and there will always be a market for them. Your biggest trouble if you were selling it privately would be getting anyone at all to come and look at it. If you get a reasonable cash offer, take it, otherwise it could be months before anyone else comes to look at it, and they could offer you less.

Advertisement