Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singer Wanted - (DEMO TRACK INSIDE)

• 06-02-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Singer wanted for originals band based in Galway (would be willing to move if we found what we were looking for in singer - good voice, lyrics and ability to put melodies to music). Influences are Mogwai, Sigur Rós and early U2. We have a lot of original music for singer to work with and we are all in our early 20's.

The demo track below is very basic (just guitar with bass) and rough (some mistakes) but it gives you a good idea of what we’re about, so if you like it, try to put a vocal to it. We’re not worried about lyrics at this stage, just voice and ability to write melodies, so sing any lyrics at all, it doesn’t matter if they make any sense, just don’t hum. If you can write something to it, send it to my Myspace page or email it to me at oph0@hotmail.com

Cheers

http://www.myspace.com/oph0
    (listen to it loud and if you have good speakers turn up the bass)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Man, your passion constantly intrigues me, but Galway is a hell of a way away. Best of luck in your search, I reckon when you get your setup together you'll be unstoppable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OLs

Like the stuff lads, epicy melodic rocks my kinda thing..

I'm in Galway and lookin to get back in to the scene. I've alot of lyrics compiled over the years and can forward examples on if you like? Have ye plans for auditions should ye choose to stay in Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

I know Galway is a bit out of the way but like I said we'd move anywhere if we found what we were lookin for.

'bump'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭nimbo

Hey Lads,
    Im A Singer Songwriter Based In Laois And I Have To Say The Stuff Sounds Good.i Have My Own Band Here Doin The Same As Yourselves.would Love To Write Some Lyrics For Ye And Maybe Collaborate Sometime.best Of Luck.

• Advertisement

'bump'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Sounds Great hey. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 snowbird2006

Hi OPH,

Great demo! Would you guys be interested in a female singer? I'm 23 from Dublin and have a good bit of experience. Have been in both covers and original bands.

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Cheers:p

Advertisement