Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry 8100 or E50

• 06-02-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Ok Im thinking of either getting the E50 or 8100, My name use would be for e-mail and web no need for voice calls or text. which would be the best

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The E50 is no good for email text entry. I ended up ordering the E61, which has a far better operating system than what you get on the Blackberry, though it doesn't have a camera.

I should have used the word extensible rather than better. The Symbian operating system has more support for 3rd party add ons than the Pearl. If you want a device for email, the Pearl is very good. I tried typing on one briefly a while ago, and was surprised how easy it was to type quickly. SureType seems to work well.

My general advice is, get either E61 or the Pearl.

Do NOT get the E50, as it's no good for writing email on due to its lack of a QWERTY or SureType-type keypad. Instead you have 3 letters on each key on the E50, which is frustrating for writing more than text messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

thanks for the advise .. pearl it is i think

I hope you get it with O2, they have the best deal on the Pearl I think. €20 a month for unlimited email, so you don't need to worry about unexpected bills. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

I hope you get it with O2, they have the best deal on the Pearl I think. €20 a month for unlimited email, so you don't need to worry about unexpected bills. :)

vodafone have the exact same deal on BIS email as well

• Advertisement

vodafone have the exact same deal on BIS email as well

Do you have a link? I'm pretty certain that Vodafone used to have a 100 megabyte (or thereabouts) monthly limit.

Edit: Just found it http://www.vodafone.ie/soho/mailonthemove/blackberry/emailsol/internet/pricing/index.jsp

I'm pretty certain they changed that, because I swear last time I was on that page it was limited. Still, O2 offer better calling rates, so it's probably still the best route to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

you need to have a voice tarrif before you can add on the data blackberry tariff with Vodafone unlike 02

Advertisement