Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more mock spoilers!!irish,french,bitta history

Options
  • 06-02-2007 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Well had Irish paper two today(HL) and that was pretty much "An bean óg" legend story but nasty question. Lig sin i gcathú- could have been worse. Then well I do scothscealta so an beirt bean misniúl,an bhean a chiapadh,neil,nora mharcais bhig and I cant remember that last one. Then on to poetry Jack(solid) and faoiseamh a ghebhadsa(solid aswell) and then the hard poems were úrchill an creagán(ya i know...what is that about) and maigdíleana so that was a tough question and then stair na gaeilge was ogham,mairtín o direan,peig sayers,deirdre brennan,an gaeltacht,an sean ghaeilge was in there somewhere and ya thats all I can remember.
    French:Such a solid paper, the comprehension was actually fairly easy! The journal was about meeting your favourite actor in a café and the letter was apologising for having a big loud party and saying it wont happen again, erm essay about science doing more harm than good or one about being attacked and then the next question was "le sport et le dopage" or there was one about how cars will never take over bicycles and something about transport changing so all in all it was a nice paper!!

So ya thats that, I have history tomorrow and even though i know whats coming up I only know vaguely that church-state relations come up(mussolini,hitler),nazi propeganda,pearse as a national icon,karl benz,kaiser wilhelm something(hopefully naval policy)and the serbian question.....if anyone would care to elaborate i would appriciate it!

Also I know mocks can be different and cheating is pointless but there is no more clubbing for me if I dont get over 300!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Lol I hope I have the same Irish paper as you tomorrow, thanks for the tips. Don't happen to know the question on An Triail?

And what type of q on Urchill? It's the one I find most difficult so been studying it loads lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ahhhh no, those honours irish poems are manky. There's a french essay? What??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Spank wrote:
    Lol I hope I have the same Irish paper as you tomorrow, thanks for the tips. Don't happen to know the question on An Triail?

And what type of q on Urchill? It's the one I find most difficult so been studying it loads lol.
    An trial question is:"D'fheadfaí a rá go bhfuil níos mó ná "trial" amháin ar siúl sa drama coinspeoideach seo" ésin a phlé

Scríobh tuarisc ar an bpáirt a ghlacann beirt díobh seo a leanas sa dráma agus ar an mbaint atá acu leis an príomhtheama ann:Bean uí chathasaigh,bean uí Chinsleaigh,seanín and mhótair

And the úrchill is
    1."Aisling pholitiúl faoi drochstad na héirinn atá againn anseo chomh maith le dán pearsanta faoi cruachas an fhile é fein"Dean trácht ar blahdiblah
    2.Explain the 5th verse!
    3.Meadarcht agus leiriú meadarcht i do rogha vearsa

Ahhhh no, those honours irish poems are manky. There's a french essay? What??
    Yup u gotta do 2 in higher level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Wow tanx for all the hints, ur a star! im pretty positive that iv the same Irish as u cuz we were told slad agus sleacht was cuming up and uirchill so it would hav to be a prety big coincidence. I think sum 1 told me that the an triail is sumthing to do with the way maire's family treated her, but not sure. its hilarious, its all well and good knowing wats cuming up, but i still prob wont be able to do well on the paper, im awful at irish! but this is wat i kno for history and it seems that pretty much everyone's getting the same paper:
    Documents: GAA and politics
    Nation States: Wilhelms Naval Policy, Eastern Question, Impact of ww1 on women, karl benz
    Dictatorship and democracy: nazi and propaganda, qustion on France, Church-State relations
    Sovereignty: Pearse as nationalist icon, FF dismantling the treaty, question on Northern Ireland
    Hope that's some good 2 u.

• Advertisement

blondie07 wrote:
    Nation States: Wilhelms Naval Policy, Eastern Question, Impact of ww1 on women, karl benz
    Dictatorship and democracy: nazi and propaganda, qustion on France, Church-State relations
    Sovereignty: Pearse as nationalist icon, FF dismantling the treaty, question on Northern Ireland
    legend...also the trial question is up,i quoted someone and i forgot to mention bímse buan ar buart gach ló is a definate!!

Ah I was very scared at the word 'essay', but they're just 75 words...not an essay.

Had french today, but not the DEB papers....don't know what they were. They were too easy though, the kind that would lull you into a false sense of security.

Ehh, first comp- Ireland's drink problem. second- a weirdo child called Ida.B
    First writing thing- what do you think about how drink is affecting the country'- something like that. second- diary entry- you've just sat the bac. other option- short biography of a famous person you admire. third- problems in the society- kinda. other option- can riots ever be justified? last- 'students are under too much pressure. what do you think?' and I forget the other option to that question.

The listening was a joke, apart from the news items bit....some wild guessing going on there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Pass French here, total joke finished in an hour and stared at the clock 'til it hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

Oh god...my Irish II was a DIFFERENT paper to the one talked about here. I sort of twisted my An Triail answer because the q was a bout how Máire's family don't show her Christian love. Fiche Bliain ag Fás instead of An Bhean Óg. Níl Aon Ní instead of Faoiseamh, but I answered Jack anyway. Stair na Gaeilge was DODGY - no ogham or Gaeltacht, Clann Lir, Clann Uisnigh, Mairéad Ní Ghráda, Béaloideas sa Ghaeilge, Forbairt na Gaeilge in Éirinn inniu and that sort of thing. The rest was pretty much the same as the other paper. I basically bull****ted my way through most of it...I hope to God it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

well i'm doin pass french and irish so i'm sorted for em,

physics: experiments on latent heat of ice, boyles law, focal lenght of a concave mirror and resistance of thermistor with temperature....long Q's:light and diffraction (full Q) etc. velocity accleration etc. (full Q) galvanometer current in magnetic field relays etc (full Q) heat temperature thermometric properties etc (Half Q) voltmeters current capacitance (half Q)

Accounting:Q1. company final accounts, Q2 Club accounts, Q3 revaluation of fixed assets, Q4 suspense, Q5 interpretation of accounts, Q6 incomplete records,Q7 cash flow statements, Q8 valuation of closing stock AND product costing Q9 cash budgeting

English.....paper1 crappy essays tbh cant remember em....paper 2....poets =paddy kavanagh, sylvia plath, john mantague, TS eliot....Macbeth=lady macbeth ..do u feel sympathy and repulsion....comparitive=general vision and viewpoint and cultural context....

music was pretty easy aswell.....tchaikovsky was mian set work

ny honours maths pointers??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chimpanzee-that

blondie07 wrote:

I absolutely love you! :D

Will you marry me?

I absolutely love you! :D

Will you marry me?

I'll take it that all came up so! :)
    Glad i cud be of service!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Anyone know what toic came up in Division and realinement in history?? I have it tomorrow!

Oh god...my Irish II was a DIFFERENT paper to the one talked about here. I sort of twisted my An Triail answer because the q was a bout how Máire's family don't show her Christian love. Fiche Bliain ag Fás instead of An Bhean Óg. Níl Aon Ní instead of Faoiseamh, but I answered Jack anyway. Stair na Gaeilge was DODGY - no ogham or Gaeltacht, Clann Lir, Clann Uisnigh, Mairéad Ní Ghráda, Béaloideas sa Ghaeilge, Forbairt na Gaeilge in Éirinn inniu and that sort of thing. The rest was pretty much the same as the other paper. I basically bull****ted my way through most of it...I hope to God it pays off.
    Wow, are you me? I have never talked such nonsense in my entire life as I did during that 3 hours.

Any ordinary level French tips anyone? Had Maths I and Irish II today, contemplated crying during each.:rolleyes:

Could anyone tell me what the aiste titles on Irish Paper 1 were? Thanks! :)

an sleacht ar na boithre, Daoine oga inniu agus Cultur na nGael came up for me.

Im so dead in history tomorrow! Can anyone tell me what what document essay came up on the gaa and what were the topics for division and realinement? Is the fall of the soviet union on??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

thank you!

Document B was a reverend, canon? Just after the founding of the GAA, and he's just praising it a lot..pride etc.

Document A is dodgy, the illustration. Context. q- politics in the GAA. I forgot to mention the Parnellite split!! Had everything else..

What topic is division/realignment? Is that Ireland, like the famine question? Anyway, the stuff that we don't do, the questions were..Karl Benz...Wilhelm's naval policy...we weren't allowed take our papers away, but I do know all the questions I did..

no div and real. are on the soviet union. Thanks for the history tips Im going to be up all night studying them now!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 *richeal*

btothei wrote:
    well i'm doin pass french and irish so i'm sorted for em,

physics: experiments on latent heat of ice, boyles law, focal lenght of a concave mirror and resistance of thermistor with temperature....long Q's:light and diffraction (full Q) etc. velocity accleration etc. (full Q) galvanometer current in magnetic field relays etc (full Q) heat temperature thermometric properties etc (Half Q) voltmeters current capacitance (half Q)

Accounting:Q1. company final accounts, Q2 Club accounts, Q3 revaluation of fixed assets, Q4 suspense, Q5 interpretation of accounts, Q6 incomplete records,Q7 cash flow statements, Q8 valuation of closing stock AND product costing Q9 cash budgeting

English.....paper1 crappy essays tbh cant remember em....paper 2....poets =paddy kavanagh, sylvia plath, john mantague, TS eliot....Macbeth=lady macbeth ..do u feel sympathy and repulsion....comparitive=general vision and viewpoint and cultural context....

music was pretty easy aswell.....tchaikovsky was mian set work

ny honours maths pointers??

Hi, do u no if those r the DEB papers??...:eek:

• Advertisement

Ya They came up in ours as well. Do you know what came u in French or what parts of the set works in music were in the exam?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 *richeal*

Thank u so much that saves me alot of stressin..
    Nope sorry havn got a clue. I only started exams 2day so jus hav Maths Paper I nd Irish Paper II don so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭cson

heya, done the irish tape today, wonder did anyone get the same one (our actual written paper isn't for 2 weeks), it had a poetry competition, kids programme on TG4 (brazus or something weird like that), two people talking about the leaving results, a car crash a teacher had, the wind that shakes the barley, general de chastelein....... if anyone got the same tape and has done paper 1 and 2, would you be so kind as to tell me whats on them....please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gingerbread

anyone have anyone spoilers on the examcraft business paper? (HL) :confused:
    please, this is urgent and ill help ye out and try and get ye papers if ye help me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

the-furbo wrote: »
    French:Such a solid paper, the comprehension was actually fairly easy! The journal was about meeting your favourite actor in a café and the letter was apologising for having a big loud party and saying it wont happen again, erm essay about science doing more harm than good or one about being attacked and then the next question was "le sport et le dopage" or there was one about how cars will never take over bicycles and something about transport changing so all in all it was a nice paper!!

Is this Examcraft French HL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Conor108 wrote: »
    Is this Examcraft French HL?

Hey Conor108. Seeing as 'the-furbo' did his LC mocks 3 years ago he probably won't remember :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Hahaha damn didnt check the date!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Conor108 wrote: »
    Hahaha damn didnt check the date!

bet you're not the only one. I'd say there's a few have run in from todays mocks scribbled down the tips from this thread and are now busily swotting up on 2007 mocks :eek: .

Pretty Dangerous thread :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh, for feck's sake!! :D

Zombie thread is zombified!!! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement