Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of light on wireless controller keeps flashing?

• 06-02-2007 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

This just started happening today. I've got a wireless controller and it seems to work fine still, but every couple of minutes the quadrants on the ring of light on the controller (not on the actual console) flash around and then stop back on the permanently lit quadrant, then flash around a couple of minutes later.

What's causing this? I'm properly signed in and the controller is properly connected, and the batteries are 3/4 full.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I think its the batteries but I'm not sure. It happens with my controller as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The battery meter is a bit dodgy. It's the batteries going. Just keep playing until it dies. I was playing Gears of War and it'll pause your game and pop up a message telling you to reconnect the controller when it goes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Cool, thanks for that. Wasn't really sure about the batteries - I've got a second controller and the battery meter on that one is down to one bar and there hasn't been any flashing from that one yet. I'll but it down to the meter being dodgy so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I was getting the flashing with 3/4 bars, then it'd go down to 1/4. I'd turn off the console and play it the next day and it went up to 2/4 or 3/4. It was all over the place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It took me a couple of days looking at the pretty flashing lights on my controller before I realised that I was supposed to be doing something about the batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

does the flashing lights not signify that theres no clear line of sight to the reciever in the xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Helix wrote:
    does the flashing lights not signify that theres no clear line of sight to the reciever in the xbox?

No, its a wireless pad, you don't need a clear line of sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

KTRIC wrote:
    No, its a wireless pad, you don't need a clear line of sight.
    Not quite true, if you have something near the controller, it can't get the signal out fully, and causes hassle. I get problems when I lean back on my chair and cross my legs, blocking the view from controller to xbox, and after a little bit, it flashes and turns off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

humanji wrote:
    Not quite true, if you have something near the controller, it can't get the signal out fully, and causes hassle. I get problems when I lean back on my chair and cross my legs, blocking the view from controller to xbox, and after a little bit, it flashes and turns off.

Sorry I have to stop you there, ITS A WIRELESS PAD THAT RUNS OFF AN RF SIGNAL, there is no way to block the signal if you cross your legs !!! :confused: , unless of course you have a 2.4 Gigahertz transmitter in your leg and by crossing them it turns it on and starts interfering with the controller.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Or have you got a metal plate in your leg? That could cause problems I guess. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

KTRIC wrote:
    Sorry I have to stop you there, ITS A WIRELESS PAD THAT RUNS OFF AN RF SIGNAL, there is no way to block the signal if you cross your legs !!! :confused: , unless of course you have a 2.4 Gigahertz transmitter in your leg and by crossing them it turns it on and starts interfering with the controller.

well i dunno

with brand new batteries in mine, if i have something directly in front of the xbox, the ring on the controller flashes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I thought the pads were bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

robinph wrote:
    Or have you got a metal plate in your leg? That could cause problems I guess. :D

:o actually, I've a metal rod the length of my shin, from a car crash. That kind of explains it.

Advertisement