Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couldnt find where to put this...

Options
  • 06-02-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Okay, so here is my predicament. A sizable amount of money was taken from my account in error while I was at the ATM...ie I didn't get the money but the transaction went through. The "relevant parties" are doin the background sums etc to give me my money back. My question, did this happen to anyone else? AND Am I able to get compensation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH. Probably best here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

My question, did this happen to anyone else? AND Am I able to get compensation?

It has been known to happen before.

As for compensation, it would depend on the nature of the error, and your bank. If it's a technical error, which is probably will be, they should be able to get you your money back and you might get an apology. I'm not sure you will get much more than that. Machines of all kinds go wrong sometimes, including ATM's

Advertisement