Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry 8100 advice

• 06-02-2007 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Ok guys who has one and are you happy with it? Id like to know the pros and cons of this device.

Are they user friendly??
    does the e-mail features work well?
    can you view PDF's and word docs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I hve 1 for the last month and love it.
    This is my first experience in mobile email and I think its great.
    No problems I can think of with it although I havern't tried to view attachments yet

do you find it slow with big e--mails as its only GPRS

thanks

Not really.
    I use BIS for personal mail and redirector for work mail. mails show up on my pearl before they arrive on my PC, can't get much faster than that!!

thats a sweet deal, does it beep every time you get mail, can i hold may mails? are you happy with it

• Advertisement

In the profiles you can set up each account to notify you in any of the following ways;
    No notification
    LED flashing
    Vibrate
    Tone

You can use any combination and if you have multiple accounts each can be set different. Example for me all SMS vibrate flash and tione, work email is 1 vibrate and home email is 2 vibrations.

I really like the phone and am really enjoying email everywhere. Only problem is when you go home in the evening fighting the temptation to read mails.

thats a great setup, can you retieve googlemail and vodafone mail on these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

tech wrote:
    thats a great setup, can you retieve googlemail and vodafone mail on these?
    Anything which you can check using Outlook Express can be done on your Blackberry (in general).

A good way to test is to goto www.mail2web.com and enter your username/email and password - and see if it loads up your emails.

With Googlemail you'll need to goto the "forwarding and POP" section within your settings to enabled it.

Not sure on Vodafone mail, but I'd imagine it's similar - or ring Vodafone and ask them for the mail server details.

++ edit ++ (from Vodafone website)
    What are the POP settings for Vodafone Mail?
    Outgoing mail server: mail.vodafone.ie
    Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.vodafone.ie
    Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.vodafone.ie

So yes, that'll work too :)

this is sounding like a sweet deal now :)

Advertisement