Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advertising a car

Options
  • 06-02-2007 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

anyone know which site is best for selling my motor

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

everybody i know uses www.carzone.ie ! seems to be a decent site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I would say carzone is probably the best value for money. 30euro for three pics and your ad which is displayed for 30 days or until your car is sold. Their search engine is one of the easiest to navigate. Although as I've mentioned in another thread the site is having some ups and downs as of late but generally its as good as the others.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This has been asked a lot lately and most people here would say Carzone.

My view on this is that while I like the look of Carzone and think it's an excellent site, CBG will get you more calls.

People who frequent message boards like this will always pick Carzone simply as it's a nicer site than CBG, but there's another big market out there that doesn't necessarily spend the day sitting in front of a PC.

My advice would be to use both Carzone and CBG, and as many of the free ones as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Have car on carzone for a month. Not one call. Think I'll try Autotrader.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

groupb wrote:

Maybe you missed my reply. It's the one above your post. :rolleyes: CBG will get you calls.

Also, check your price vs. others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

groupb wrote:

I'm actually in the market for a new car. May I request a linky to your ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Post it up on http://www.adverts.ie as it is free. You can use your login from this site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

PauloMN wrote:
    This has been asked a lot lately and most people here would say Carzone.

My view on this is that while I like the look of Carzone and think it's an excellent site, CBG will get you more calls.

People who frequent message boards like this will always pick Carzone simply as it's a nicer site than CBG, but there's another big market out there that doesn't necessarily spend the day sitting in front of a PC.

My advice would be to use both Carzone and CBG, and as many of the free ones as possible.

Have to agree, while Carzone looks far better and is much better to use, I found I got all my calls from advertising in CBG. I didn't get one from my carzone advert.

Having said that, carzone keep your car advertised until it's sold, so probably no harm going for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

C.D. wrote:
    I'm actually in the market for a new car. May I request a linky to your ad?
    http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=566922

Advertisement