Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Involved dreaming

Options
  • 06-02-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

I don't know what the correct name for this is, I call it active dreaming. Basically I'm very involved in my dreams, it's like being awake, so I wake up from sleeping nearly as tired as when I went to bed.
    Any one know what causes this or how to not stop but give myself a break from it, being going on for ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

yes, I know what you mean - you kinda "act out" your dreams (kind of like sleep walking, but you remember, because you remember your dreams). And you wake up knackered, because you never really reach the deep sleep phase your body needs to recover.

I used to do that for years, and it did make my other problems (three herniated disks, tendonitis, inflamed muscles) worse, since my body never got the rest it should have had. I went to see my GP about this, and he prescribed a low dosage of anti-depressants (not the dosage to treat depression!), to help my body sleep. Sleeping pills did NOT work, I still sleep-walked.

And the anti-depressants worked! I now sleep through the night, don't go sleep-walking anymore, and wake up refreshed, after a 'real' night's sleep!

Not sure if this treatment suits everyone, and it's certainly not a long-term solution, but is has helped me to get my sleep back...Might be worth suggesting it to a GP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

I have experienced the same vivid dreaming in the past month or so and it is rather taxing. For instance a couple of nights ago in my dream I was in a knife fight with somebody and they had the knife pointed at my chest and I was struggling as hard as I could to keep it from being plunged into my chest, seemed to go on forever. I woke up suddenly and realised I had only been asleep for two hours and my arms actually ached. When I managed to fall back to sleep I found my self in the middle of a road and cars zooming towards me but I couldn't walk and I was trying to use my arms to crawl out of the way but ended up geting my legs run over which made it even harder to move, same thing happened again woke up to find I had only been asleep for another two hours with sore arms and legs. Quite frightening, I don't like sleeping much at the moment.

Advertisement