Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation

Options
  • 06-02-2007 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Considering getting a tattoo to comemerate a friend who has passed away and was wondering if someone could translate 'Cloud Strife' into Japanese.

Yes I know its a bit nerdy getting a computer game character's name (final fantasy series) tattoo'd on me but it's the one thing me and my friend used spend hours playing and it's the one thing about our friendship that made it different from everyone elses with him.

I'm hoping someone can put it into symbols or even just text, reason being so that only I will know what it means :)

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Erk...there's nothing else you could get?

In any case, lifted from my FF7 manual:

クラウド ストライフ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Wow, you couldn't pay me to get a katakana tattoo. I saw this scobe in Dublin with a load of katakana on his chest once, probably thought he was deadly, I laughed hard.

Wouldn't a tattoo of Cloud himself be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

Well I don't think its wierd, If a computer game is what brought your friendship so close and you feel comfortable with that tattoo then go for it :)

After all, Lots of people get different tattoo's to symbolize friendship. Why can't people have gaming ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

I wouldnt advise anyone to get a tattoo in Katakana.
    I have seen many Japanese people laugh at people with katakana tattoos..it would be just like if a japanese person came to ireland with mario and luigi written in english on his arm. Instead I would suggest getting a small picture or symbol of cloud strife. There are no kanji for his name that i could find.

Advertisement