Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I stand on this purchase/delivery

Options
  • 07-02-2007 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

I bought 2 X 3ft wardrobes plus top boxes from a furniture dealer on the northside. I paid the full whack up front and was told it would be delivered a.s.a.p. I asked how long this would be and was told 2 weeks.

4 weeks later it arrived. Now I wasn't there due to the short notice of the call to take the delivery but my brother was. He took the delivery in but signed for nothing.

I eventually got around to unwrapping the wardrobes and I attached the handles and top boxes etc. Then I stood back and decided they were narrower than I remember in the showroom. Sure enough, they're only 27 1/2 inches wide instead of the 36" I bought and is wrote on the receipt.

I'm positive Im due some sort of monetary refund i.e. the difference in price of the two models.
    Can I get an exchange? Or could this be refused because I unwrapped the cling film and attached the handles and boxes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I think you should be alright here! The goods are not the same goods that you ordered:

"If goods are not of merchantable quality or are not fit for their purpose or are not as described the consumer is entitled to a remedy."

Advertisement