Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biology predictions?

Options
  • 07-02-2007 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Can any1 help me and give me any biology predictions whats coming up. My teacher wont tell us!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Don't have it until late next week. Anyone doing it before then? I dunno where to start on experiments, everything else is pretty well covered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Don't have till next Wednesday...absolutely screwed for it. Expecting a nice D1..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

I'm afraid the only thing i kno for sure is coming up is viruses cuz we hadnt done them yet and our teacher gave us notes cuz we wudnt be able to answer the question otherwise. its half of a question. if i hear any more il let u kno

blondie07 wrote:
    I'm afraid the only thing i kno for sure is coming up is viruses cuz we hadnt done them yet and our teacher gave us notes cuz we wudnt be able to answer the question otherwise. its half of a question. if i hear any more il let u kno
    Bang on, know them well, thanks for the tip. :D My teacher hasn't dropped us ANYTHING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Dont do it my friends do apparntly it was a complete disaster!!They said that:photosythesis and enzymes were experiment and then genetics,nitrogen cycle and ecology were the main things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Aha, I was expecting the enzyme experiments, they were suddenly revised last week. Good stuff, appears to be the same paper..probably DEB.

the-furbo wrote:
    Dont do it my friends do apparntly it was a complete disaster!!They said that:photosythesis and enzymes were experiment and then genetics,nitrogen cycle and ecology were the main things!
    Not sure if I'll be getting the same paper as yous as I got a different Irish, well, I hope not lol, nitrogen cycle and enzymes, eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tingo

Spank wrote:
    Not sure if I'll be getting the same paper as yous as I got a different Irish, well, I hope not lol, nitrogen cycle and enzymes, eugh.

The nitrogen cycle was only a short question so it wasn't too bad, but the diagram was completely different from what I learned off. :rolleyes: There's an osmosis experiment question too, if you want to avoid enzymes. I have no idea what the third experiment was, which is really bad 'cause I answered that question.:cool:

Tingo wrote:
    The nitrogen cycle was only a short question so it wasn't too bad, but the diagram was completely different from what I learned off. :rolleyes: There's an osmosis experiment question too, if you want to avoid enzymes. I have no idea what the third experiment was, which is really bad 'cause I answered that question.:cool:
    Argh Osmosis, well what enzyme exp was it? What long q's came up for you? Just out of interest lol.

Rumours of the growth of yeast on leaf have been going around my school for exp q, wasn't that was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

had biology today and it was nasty! light intensity on photosynthesis came up, making ethanol with yeast or somethin like that, bit of genetics, the nitrogen cycle, skin, endocrine and exocrine glands, immunity, vaccinations, strcture of a non-endospermic seed (i'd never even heard of that til today...), it was crap, we all failed!

• Advertisement

fonpokno wrote:
    had biology today and it was nasty! light intensity on photosynthesis came up, making ethanol with yeast or somethin like that, bit of genetics, the nitrogen cycle, skin, endocrine and exocrine glands, immunity, vaccinations, strcture of a non-endospermic seed (i'd never even heard of that til today...), it was crap, we all failed!
    Ugh sounds nasty alright. Were they the DEB papers?

Alot of different things being said, I am so failing!

Spank wrote:
    Ugh sounds nasty alright. Were they the DEB papers?

Alot of different things being said, I am so failing!

havent a clue! just about everythin except the cell came up on that bloody paper! i dont think i finished a single question! dont worry everyone else is failing along with you!!!

Sounds like we all got the same paper. :cool:

Spank I think it was on temperture or maybe pH. I only done it last week, but everything is very vague. :eek: You had to draw a graph on it. That didn't work out very well for me. I think the other experiment had to do with light intensity and the rate of photosynthesis. There was a question about what was the substrate, so maybe it was pH.

Ecology has graph about moose populations. Not to bad, but read the question, I had a great answer for why the population declined, reread the question, it was like, what other reason apart from the one I gave. :rolleyes: There was a pyramid of numbers too.

Respiration came up and a bit about that fermentation/alcholol experiment, that keeps coming up on tests for me I never study it. :mad: It's getting really annoying trying to waffle my way through it.

Genetics appeared. Make sure you know how to deal with crosses like, BbWw and BBWW, and know about the law of assortment. You have to state the law and there was something is relation to it on the crosses question.

The immune system came up, but I didn't do it and the endocrine system. They may have been on the same question, you know the ones where you answer two out of three parts.

Fonpokbo I second that. I was so blatantly unprepared for biology, too busy cramming maths which was on the same day, and ironically, also did quite badly in that. :rolleyes:

Sounds like we all got the same paper. :cool:

Spank I think it was on temperture or maybe pH. I only done it last week, but everything is very vague. :eek: You had to draw a graph on it. That didn't work out very well for me. I think the other experiment had to do with light intensity and the rate of photosynthesis. There was a question about what was the substrate, so maybe it was pH.

Ecology has graph about moose populations. Not to bad, but read the question, I had a great answer for why the population declined, reread the question, it was like, what other reason apart from the one I gave. :rolleyes: There was a pyramid of numbers too.

Respiration came up and a bit about that fermentation/alcholol experiment, that keeps coming up on tests for me I never study it. :mad: It's getting really annoying trying to waffle my way through it.

Genetics appeared. Make sure you know how to deal with crosses like, BbWw and BBWW, and know about the law of assortment. You have to state the law and there was something is relation to it on the crosses question.

The immune system came up, but I didn't do it and the endocrine system. They may have been on the same question, you know the ones where you answer two out of three parts.

Fonpokno I second that. I was so blatantly unprepared for biology, too busy cramming maths which was on the same day, and ironically, also did quite badly in that. :rolleyes:

Thanks Tingo, have Biology first thing monday morning, will be a weekend of cramming for me!

Sounds pretty bad though, I hate ecology graphs and having to draw them for exps. Basically graphs altogether!

Did reproduction come up at all?

yeah what the hell was with the mooses?? who gives a crap about mooses??? yeah male reproduction came up as far as i remember... and i vaguely remember somethin about puberty in the same question! it was a part b of a section c question! and i made a total arse of the genetic genotype phenotype lark...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

Just in case ye've forgotten for the long questions:

1 question from section 1 of course (almost guaranteed to be ecology)
    2 questions from section 2 (genetics and <usually> respiration or photosynthesis)
    3 questions from section 3 (1 plant, 1 human & 1 mix)

Im correctin the mocks for the DEB so good luck!:D

balzarywex wrote:
    Just in case ye've forgotten for the long questions:

1 question from section 1 of course (almost guaranteed to be ecology)
    2 questions from section 2 (genetics and <usually> respiration or photosynthesis)
    3 questions from section 3 (1 plant, 1 human & 1 mix)

So is what they are saying on the DEBs papers? ;)

Thanks for the tips guys btw!

balzarywex wrote:

Excellent. Where should I send to the bribe money? :D

Omg I'm freaking out, 9am in the morning :/ Any last minute 'must knows' you can think of if I end up getting this paper??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Know the photosynthesis exp, know the enzymes exp, know the process of the dark and light stages. know osmosis and that exp. know the alcohol exp

learn genetics (it's easy enough) and learn your ecology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Lots of people are worried about how they will do in the mocks. Okthat there will be stuff on the exam that you havent done yet. Just concentrate on what you have done. When you get your results see how you did on the sections that you have studied, rather than looking at your overall mark, At least this will show if you are taking in and understanding the content that you have covered.

Best of luck.

Advertisement