Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it legal to block a phone number?

Options
  • 07-02-2007 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to access call13434's geo-number (01-6850850) from a Three phone and I get a message about it not being in use or something. It works from Vodafone. It works from an eircom phone line. I wouldn't be surprised if Three is blocking the number as it obviously allows me to bypass their ridiculous international call rates. Is there any point in contacting ComReg about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Ring up Three and report it as a fault (letting them know that it works from Vodafone, O2, your landline etc..

Get a ticket number and wait for their response.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

Telling them you are thinking of switching to vodafone because of the restriction, this will probably get their attention:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It may just be a legitimate fault. Either way, I second Snaga's advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I just tried that number. The recording's not from 3 Ireland, it's from BT Ireland.

Something's going on in the routing. However, it's not being blocked by "3"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I had a similar issue a few years ago with ringing Telestunt's number from my 02 mobile.

O2 said:

"Further to my telephone conversation on the 14 July 2004, our Technical team have reverted and confired that this service is supported by a company called Colt and they have barred these number ranges from being rang from a mobile. This has also been confirmed through Eircom. Unfortunately O2 Ireland have no control over this."

I imagine its the same situation here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

No, that was a different issue. This is a plain ol' 01-number, not an 1890 number. And it works from Vodafone and probably O2 too. call13434's old number worked fine too. When I get a chance I'll call 3's help line to see what they'll come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I reported the fault to 3 and it has been fixed.

Advertisement