Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weirdest thing you ever witnessed ?

• 07-02-2007 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

well for me , 3 things have happened :

1.. Two Fathers claiming the same BABY in a trolley in cornelscourt ( years and years ago) ..... there was absolute murder in the food isle !!!
    theres were also 2 trolley's and a baby in each trolley !
    they both must have left the child to get something and both returned to the one trolley. they both gunuinely believed the baby was theirs, and were ready to kill each other ! didnt stick around to see it resolved but, guess the wives were called in and some humble pie was eaten , large!!

2. slow rolling fireball high in the sky,...... with a flaming trail.
    lasted 4-5 minutes , and couldnt believe it didnt make the news !!! probably 15 years ago now. obviously a meteroite, but fantastic spectacle.

3. 3 and a half metre nurse shark beside me whilst snorkelling in indian ocean.

giz your stories please !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I work at a hospital in the emergency room.
    The strangest patients are from the local prison.
    They get bored and want a vacation. So they swallow unusual items such as spoons, pens, forks, and get to come to the hospital to have them surgically removed.

After the surgery they get to lay around and recover instead of actually being productive. IMO that's a crappy reason to put your body through that once a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Well I saw a really really really really old person before. Far older that I previously thought someone could get with out dying. It was just so old, and I say it because I'm not sure if it was an old old old man or an old old old woman. Words can't describe how old it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I used to hand search luggage at Dublin Airport for flights to the US. I pull a guy out of the lineup, and search his bag. Even though he's travelling alone, I begin to notice that there's quite a bit of women's underwear in his suitcase. I eventually come to a sock that has a long, rubbery sausage-like object in it. I quickly close his case, and say "That's fine, sir. Have a nice day"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Note to self: Bring giant dildo on next trans-atlantic flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Exit wrote:
    I used to hand search luggage at Dublin Airport for flights to the US. I pull a guy out of the lineup, and search his bag. Even though he's travelling alone, I begin to notice that there's quite a bit of women's underwear in his suitcase. I eventually come to a sock that has a long, rubbery sausage-like object in it. I quickly close his case, and say "That's fine, sir. Have a nice day"

You should have asked him why did he have a weapon of mass destruction in his bag?
    Then sent him for a quick search :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I love what they say about the anal fistula!
    More details, if absolutely necessary, from...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Exit wrote:
    /me is off to steal suitcases.

/me makes sure to get rid of the dubious contents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Note to self: Bring giant dildo on next trans-atlantic flight.
    Note to self: embaressing, yet easy way to smuggle drugs discovered :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

They're doing cavity searches now?
    WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

A bloke lying in the middle of road on stephen's green at 2am headbutting the road and shouting while taxis dodged him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

a couple doing the no pants dance in a phone box. Left little to the imagination and was outside Cuba* in Galway a few years ago. It was alot busier back then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Walking to work one day and saw a youngish guy lurched over the steering wheel of his car, the car was parked at the side of the road on a grassy verge, with the drivers door open, not wanting to be nosey I walked passed, but noticed he wasn’t moving much I found it very strange and thought something was up, stupidly I walked back to the front of the car, he was staring right at me through me and as I got closer I realised he was DEAD. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

YORE MA!!

(post #14, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

2. slow rolling fireball high in the sky,...... with a flaming trail.
    lasted 4-5 minutes , and couldnt believe it didnt make the news !!! probably 15 years ago now. obviously a meteroite, but fantastic spectacle.
    !

Myself and my brother seen that fireball aswell, I think it was near 20 years ago though.

Strangest thing I ever seen was a gun fight on Parnell St at about 3 am in the morning. I was just coming out of Fibber and I was very very drunk, it all seemed a bit surreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

well for me , 3 things have happened :

1.. Two Fathers claiming the same BABY in a trolley in cornelscourt ( years and years ago) ..... there was absolute murder in the food isle !!!
    theres were also 2 trolley's and a baby in each trolley !
    they both must have left the child to get something and both returned to the one trolley. they both gunuinely believed the baby was theirs, and were ready to kill each other ! didnt stick around to see it resolved but, guess the wives were called in and some humble pie was eaten , large!!

This is how it was resolved:

Guy A- "Ah, sorry, look, this one is mine, see? I remember buying the two packets of frozen peas.":)

Weirdest thing I witnessed? I've seen this bearded guy guy running in nothing but shorts and runners twice now in Dublin. I understand jogging/fitness etc, but in just shorts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

The towers around the twin towers falling down,and all the caos (sp?) on that day, lines of people waiting to give blood, people covered in dust, fighter jets flighing over the city, no phone lines working, ambulances and police sirens constantly ringing for days... more a case of a weirdest experience than weirdest sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I saw a mini cyclone (tornado? twister? whatever) in Limerick about a year ago. It was about 20 feet high and lasted about 5 seconds. Don't think anyone has topped the OP's stories yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

When I was really young we used to go into an old unused graveyard in town to do the weige board. One time on the way out a big old rotten tree exploded behind us.

Saw some sort of UFO type thing when camping.

Saw an old zz-top looky like in cezh republic singing to the bartender with his pants around his ankles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I remember that fireball....it was about 21, 22 years ago. Never forget it. Was around winter time, about 8pm and remembered looking up and a huge ball of flame went silently through the sky. Never been so scared in my life. I was nine years of age and ran home and made my mother phone the police to check if any planes or shuttles (!) had crashed. Always thought since I imagined it......until now!!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

I was on the 130 coming home from work one night, the bus pulled up outside St Annes and a guy jumped on the bus, screaming flailing his arms everywhere . Then I realised he had no clothes on. So everything really was flailing everywhere. He ran away and jumped in a car. Oddest thing ever. Poor woman bus driver, she sat there not knowing what to do for a few minutes. Someone in the car had videotaped the wholething.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

I once witnessed a friend who was off his face on pills have a 15min conversation with four of his friends who weren't even in the room, not the strangest thing I have ever witnessed but definatley the funniest. Those things are insane. Mind you he had taken about ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a flying silver cigar shaped thing flying in the sky. really weird. about 10 witnesses so i'm not going mad

yesterday on the way to Waterford i saw 3 UN tank like vehicles going the opposite direction. never seen anything like that before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

The silent disco at <snip> when your pissed. Take the headphones off and its mad, everyone dancing with no music on!

Also seen a few UFOs..wierdst was one night comming home from my girlfriends house i seen a yellow ball that broke into two yellow balls and ''danced'' across the sky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

ok,.... im about to add number 4. to the list of wierd things, after much debate with myself ill say it.

one day in work (first floor) ... i was standing up against the window frame looking out,....when all of a sudden the number 10 (I think) bus pulled up and stopped in traffic.... directly on eye level with me is the top deck of the bus, and looking a bit closer inside i find myself face to face with a guy "entertaing" himself with his trousers around his ankles...... we instantly made eye contact and i dont know if i was more freaked than he was !!!!!

some poor girl was sitting right in front of him with her earphones on and reading a book, and was totally oblivious to what was happening !!!!

......... also just to note............

gosh , the meteroite i saw wasnt that long ago,..well i was probably 12 or 13 years old at the time i think,..... it was a beautiful clear night and there wasnt a breeze in the air,.... i remember being able to blow smoke rings as i was skulking down the lane sneaking my mums Silk Cut Red.

but yeah,... it was bizarre , glad i mentioned it , cause i asked everybody i knew if they had seen it and everybody thought i was telling porkies.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

1. When walking down the main street of St. Petersburg me 7 my friend passed the dead body of a middleaged man in a suit (looked like he wasn't short of money). The veins in his head were purple (he was bald), his eyes were open and someone had put a light see through sheet over him, but nost of it had blown off. He was on his back next to a building, main street 10 minutes walk from my hotel and nobody seemed to care. There was no police line, no paramedics, no police, nobody. Loads of people passed without giving a second glance. Its when I realised that life in russia is cheap.

2. In St. Petersburg again, some guy had a full grown brown bear ( don't know the breed name but he was big) on a chain and had him jumping and posing for photos.

3. Seeing people in chinese trains choose the squatting toilet instead off the sitting (weird to me because there was nothing in that toliet to hold onto if the train lurched and there was a western toilet right next to it that they avoided).

I am trying to remember more stuff, Im used to odd things so its hard to figure out what others would find weird

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Katykaboom wrote:
    I was on the 130 coming home from work one night, the bus pulled up outside St Annes and a guy jumped on the bus, screaming flailing his arms everywhere . Then I realised he had no clothes on. So everything really was flailing everywhere. He ran away and jumped in a car. Oddest thing ever. Poor woman bus driver, she sat there not knowing what to do for a few minutes. Someone in the car had videotaped the wholething.

She should have shut the doors behind him & start driving..see how much he'd flail then, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

miamee wrote:
    She should have shut the doors behind him & start driving..see how much he'd flail then, lol

haha could ya imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Exit wrote:
    i used to work for icts as well

KIP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Indeed it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seeing a penis cut open by a blender in first person view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Tar.Aldarions face...

:p:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You thought I wouldn't be so handsome, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Saw a man take a crap in the middle of the street once, he was slapping his dog and tellin it to feck off cos it was trying to smell his arse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

we don`t need to know some of your bedroom antics now tar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

This is how it was resolved:

Guy A- "Ah, sorry, look, this one is mine, see? I remember buying the two packets of frozen peas.":)

Weirdest thing I witnessed? I've seen this bearded guy guy running in nothing but shorts and runners twice now in Dublin. I understand jogging/fitness etc, but in just shorts?

Has he long hair and are the shorts black?

When i was in teacher training college in Drumcondra, this guy used to walk up Drumcondra and Clonliffe road with a dog and or shopping bags each morning and evening. stange thing was for the 4 years i saw him morning and evening he had long hair like Charlie Lansborough, wore a black muscle vest and black trousers (even in the dead of winter!!!) Really wierd!!! My friend Suzi and I used to nickname him 'vesty guy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You thought I wouldn't be so handsome, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!
    :)
    Nah Tar, I was confused as to whether it was a face or an arse :D

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

When i was in teacher training college in Drumcondra, this guy used to walk up Drumcondra and Clonliffe road with a dog and or shopping bags each morning and evening. stange thing was for the 4 years i saw him morning and evening he had long hair like Charlie Lansborough, wore a black muscle vest and black trousers (even in the dead of winter!!!) Really wierd!!! My friend Suzi and I used to nickname him 'vesty guy'

Lol i saw that guy before. Cycling by the R.D.S in the vest top in December at around 9pm with the dog tied to the handlebars running along. Funny thing was, he (and the dog) was on the road :):) I think he was on naked camera also

county wrote:
    we don`t need to know some of your bedroom antics now tar
    Just close your eyes and repress it, if you can. :)
    Nah Tar, I was confused as to whether it was a face or an arse
    Hah! Great skills in MS paint burn me again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

:eek:

ummmm ... ahhhh ... OK ... could you please expand on this ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I remember vesty guy!!! i used to go to the School beside that college, and saw him most mornings while walking down. How the hell did he ware that vest on absolutely freezing mornings?! And he never looked cold either. didn't have a nickname for him tho, suppose vesty guy is a good one. I always used to think he was from some country like Iceland or Norway or somethin, and was impervious to our puny cold.

Also, i used to see and still see some guy who goes to DCU. I've never spoken to him, just nodded as we walked by each other. This has been happening for the last 7 years or so. I wonder who that guy is:confused:
    Also on that walk: Fat guy on electric bicycle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

The weirdesty thing I ever witnessed was one time at a Carnival in my local, the main feature was a yoke called the g'force, it swung you about 130metres higher than any other building around it would...

I paid my €5, hopped on, they swung me to the top, while they were letting the people at the bottom off, me and another guy were the only ones in the air, they decided to stop off and have a fag along the way.

After about 10mins of waiting up there, the guy said, ah **** it, the bastering thing is broken, he climbed off the amusement, climbed up a small rope and onto the main frame, he proceeded to climb down the tiny ladder all the way to the bottom, but by the time he was half way down, he lost grip and was being held, but nothing but one arm...

...Me there ****ting myself, I had to get out, climb the ladder and help him back up onto the metal bars...

...This was well and good, we were able to get to the bottom but seeming as we were on the opposite side of everyoen else, no-one could see what we did, and so the amusement took off in full speed, without them knowin...Myself and the other crazy dude, were being thrown around, and eventually they saw us and let us climb down, this all happened in the space of twenty minutes...

...It sure taught me a lesson! always wear your seatbelt on an amusement like that!! ...But would I do it again, definetley, you saw all the sights in my hometown all just spinning around!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Woah woah woah woah....woah.... lois this is not my star wars glass.
    Seriously though, wtf? you cant jst throw that out without an explaination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I remember seeing a UFO when I was about 4 or 5. I have this vague memory of looking out my sister's bedroom window at about 4am, with her and my mother beside me, and seeing this very hard-to-see disc thing hovering in the field behind our house.

But..I was 4 at the time. It's perfectly possible that it's a false memory. I DID watch the X Files for many years when I was older..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Finally remembered something.

I was about 15 at the time and walking home from a friends house.
    It was night and the laneway I was walking through had no street lights.
    I saw a figure walking towards me, on the grass. It walked right past me and I looked around and watched as it wanished.
    It was most likely my eyes playing a trick on me, but it freaked me out at the time.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned an incident with a tree after an experience with a ouija board.
    I had a similar experience.
    MY friend and I saw this really hot chick and decided to go over and talk to her. We were about 14/15 at the time. she was a couple of years older. The conversation turned to the occult and we talked about it for about 10 minutes. As we were walking away, a 2 foot wide branch fell from a tree and landed right in front of us, no more that a foot away. My friends ran, but me and the girl we frozen with shock. It was a windy day. the branch would have fallen regardless of the conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Weirdest think I've ever witnessed was when I was 19 walking across Wolfe Tone Bridge in Galway when I saw my Grandmother about 10 meters in front of me...Not exactly strange you say but my grandmother had passed away 5 years previous..so I just stood there white as a ghost until someone tipped me on the shoulder and asked was I ok..I looked again and she was gone...

Freeked out I headed home to tell my family only to find a priest in the house comforting my dad as his Dad (My Granddad) had passed away while I was out......

Freaky eh.....still gives me Goose pimples thinkin about it....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

One of the weirdest/cool moments I've experienced was when I was still in secondary school. I was walking across a large green on my way down to school when I seen a bunch of crows in the distance, arranged almost in a circle. Must have been around a dozen of them. They weren't making any noise, just standing there. So I altered my path a bit to check out wtf was going on. When I got closer I noticed a dead crow in the middle of the ring - the other crows seemed to be standing vigil over their departed kin. I was able to get pretty close to the fella's and they didn't seem to get agitated that I was there. They were eerily silent too. After a short period of time, I had to leave them to get to school.

Apparently, this behaviour is rarely seen and possibly hints at some deeper level of interaction between our Corvus friends. I still get awestruck thinking about it. I know I witnessed something unique and special that day (and weird :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

there used to be a strange man in saggart who had mad affro hair and used to just run for miles everyday.

Saw someone do so much speed that they dehydrated to the point where all of their exteremties shrivelled up (and I mean all!) and they had to be hospitalised

Saw another idiot do a load of ketamine and pink mdma in london and they ended up puking blood into the bathroom sink of the pub and an ambulance was called

saw dirty canchez in time swinging a bucket of champagne from his dick - disturbing!!!!

in college there were some v strange people in the computer labs lookign at strange things. One fella used to sit there and watch gay porn in front of everyone. One was watching a video of a guy sucking his own c**k and another a video of a guy taking a sh*t and eating it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Was out camping in Wicklow about 5 years ago. At around one in the morning I saw a bunch of people dressed in White dancing through the trees in a woods and I could hear wierd singing. At first I thought I was hallucinating due to lack of sleep (as I also saw a caterpillar on a bicycle that afternoon :D ) but when I checked my watch turns out it was the date of the Summer solstice. Some of my mates claimed to have heard the singing too.

Some friends came across a guy chained to a tree with bondage gear on later on that week. He was blindfolded and they kept a wide berth. He wasn't there later on that day and he didn't seem distressed.

On another occasion we found some skinned animals (we reckoned they were dogs) one was layed out on a rock the other strung up on a tree.

I have other stories of hearing giggling and laughter in the dark and hearing footsteps and crazy noises but never saw anything.

Moral of my stories...if you wanna see wierd **** spend a night or two up the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

in college there were some v strange people in the computer labs lookign at strange things. One fella used to sit there and watch gay porn in front of everyone. One was watching a video of a guy sucking his own c**k and another a video of a guy taking a sh*t and eating it!!

that would be a bannable offence for me if i was to post the name of sick websites again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement