Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's a question for ya...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

I've got 2 granadas with heated screens, fantastic invention! And the back screens clear super fast too!
    As for peasant's comment complaining that his eyes couldnt focus because of the wavy wires....i think he must just have weird eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Hyundai Tucson has heated front wipers AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

bazz26 wrote:
    I think the Focus Zetec and Ghia have it as standard, it is an optional extra on the Focus Freedom and LX models. It would be too expensive to retro fit it as the car would need to be wired for it, money you will never get back. Better off waiting until you trade up.

Just another thought - I heard that some insurance companies will not cover the full cost of replacing the "quick clear" windscreen, only up to a certain amount as they are pretty expensive? Any truth in this?

My Focus Zetec doesn't have it. I think Irish zetecs lost them on the voyage into the country, I'm sure a few other bits went missing off the Irish models too.

IIRC insurance only covers about €250 if you don't use Autoglass, Allied Irish or whoever. I put a new standard winscreen in my car last week, and it cost Mr. Hibernian over €400. I switched away from Hibernian on monday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Get a Vectra they have front windscreen demisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get a Vectra they have front windscreen demisters.
    Hardly a good enough excuse to buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

maidhc wrote:
    My Focus Zetec doesn't have it. I think Irish zetecs lost them on the voyage into the country, I'm sure a few other bits went missing off the Irish models too.

IIRC insurance only covers about €250 if you don't use Autoglass, Allied Irish or whoever. I put a new standard winscreen in my car last week, and it cost Mr. Hibernian over €400. I switched away from Hibernian on monday. :)

What I meant to say was that I was referring to the MkII Focus rather than the MkI.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

According to Ford.ie it's standard on LX, Zetec, Ghia and Titanium models.

Advertisement